Buick LaCrosse Reviews - Page 4 of 5

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 3.8 from North America

Model year2008
Year of manufacture2008
Previous carBuick LeSabre

Summary:

Best buy among premium mid-size sedans

Nothing - It is a Buick.

General Comments:

My wife and I have driven Buicks since 1989 and loved each of them.

The LaCrosse is very comfortable (about the same as our '03 LeSabre). We find the leather seats very comfortable both on short and long trips, and the driving position is very comfortable. Buicks seem to have a higher seating position than many other cars, which allows for a great view of the road. The heated seats, sunroof, and dual climate control are great additions.

We test drove the Toyota Avalon and new Accord, but they just didn't compare to the Buick. With rebates we got the loaded Buick for just over $23,000. We paid more than that for our LeSabre 5 years ago!!

Toyota and Honda just can't touch the value of the Buick. We have driven Buicks with the 3.8 for nearly 20 years, and our experience has been that this engine is second to none.

Review Date: 6th April, 2008

7th Apr 2008, 13:43

I agree with the reviewer. I bought a La Crosse in 2007 after test driving mid-size imports such as the Camry and Accord. The Camry and Accord felt like flimsy, low buck economy cars while the Buick feels like a solid high-end luxury car.

24th Apr 2008, 17:05

I paid $14500 for an 2007 Lacrosse in Jan of 2008, the prev. owner traded it in after 1 year so I got a great deal. My wife had a toyota corolla for 7 years, it was an OK car but you can't compare the luxury and ride next to a buick w/the 3800 v6 engine in it. Very solid, great riding, fun to drive car!!

2006 Buick LaCrosse from North America

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission Don't Know
Most recent distance22000 miles
Previous carBuick Century

Summary:

Good car other than previous problems

I have had rotors Go bad to the extent of needing replaced at 10,000 miles I was told it was because I had lifetime brake pads and something had to wear. I also did have window problems, but mine was related to back window, on a hot day the window had just shattered. The cause was found to be a combination of things, weather related and the fact my air was on full. Since then I have had the window replaced, the installer also informed me they thought the "original" rear window may not have been installed correctly stating that because of the tempered glasses nature if it was slightly misaligned or twisted upon installation, it would not take much to cause it to shatter.

General Comments:

Hopefully problem stays fixed.

Review Date: 24th October, 2007

25th Oct 2007, 15:30

I have a '06 CX and all works wonderful, let me cross fingers. I'm very pleased with my car. My only complaints are that the interior space is too small and the visibility is poor. The ride is awesome.

26th Oct 2007, 15:05

Why cross your fingers? Buicks are great cars and you don't need luck to keep yours problem free. Buick is currently rated number 1 by J.D. Power and Associates for long-term reliability.

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 3.8 from North America

Model year2005
Year of manufacture2005
Most recent distance20164 miles
Previous carBuick Mercury Sable

Summary:

Over oil consumption, when driven in a non aggressive manner

Since this Buick LaCrosse hit 17,000 or 18,000 approximate miles, the oil light would come on. We took it back to the dealer and now GM has come out with a bulletin stating that some GM cars, 1998-2007 and gasoline powered light duty trucks will use oil every 2000 miles or less, which is normal. I also own a 1998 Mercury Mountaineer which can go 5,000 miles on an oil change. This Buick LaCrosse was purchased in May, 2005. We now have to return it to the dealer, which is 17 miles east from my house where I live, taking time out of my day, which is 30 minutes, not to mention the gas also. If this is the way GM products are going to be, I will be selling it and buying a Toyota Prius Hybrid. I have purchased Ford and Mercury products, and was disappointed in them, but not like General Motors. I had a Chevrolet Corsica, 1988, I traded in which was overheating because the computer module was situtated to close to the engine block, causing the motor to overheat, then it would stall. The automakers don't realize how dangerous these situations can become, putting the drivers at risk.

Very disappointed in Indiana...

General Comments:

For the price I paid for this Buick LaCrosse, it wasn't worth it... very disappointed...

Review Date: 25th July, 2007

19th Sep 2007, 08:47

Trade it on a Camry or Avalon; you'll love it. Trust me.

19th Sep 2007, 15:27

Only if you like driving cars with all the enthusiasm of a refrigerator. Toyota will never match Buick in luxury or style. The Avalon is known as the "Japanese Buick" but I'll take the original AMERICAN Buick thank you very much. They are just better all around cars. Anyone who is not blinded by Toyota loyalty can see this.