2005 Buick LaCrosse from North America

Summary:

Very nice car, but can't stand to drive it with windows open

General Comments:

I like this car very much, however, find it almost impossible to drive with drivers side window down! The wind comes in as if you're in a wind tunnel. Also, standing still at a drive through in the rain, window open while ordering, no wind, rain coming in a lot. Is it the aerodynamics? Anyone else have this complaint?

Review Date: 27th July, 2006

28th Jul 2006, 07:43

I have a similar GM car that is very difficult to drive with only the driver's window down. Creates unbelievable buffetting. I found it helps by dropping the rear seat (driver side) window down an inch or two--makes all the difference.

30th Jul 2006, 01:26

Aftermarket window visors are available at parts stores and catalogs (JCWhitney). They're like little plastic awnings that snap in on the outside of the window. They deflect rain and wind and also look sporty. I'd recommend getting 'em.

30th Aug 2006, 11:53

Aerodynamics? Please. You should know in EVERY car you are supposed to crack your rear windows when you have the front one open. Therefore, some air comes towards you, the rest flows out the window. It is not aerodynamics, its common sense.

27th Sep 2006, 13:00

OK, some people should not be allowed to have the privelege of commenting on reviews. Rudeness! Anyway, cracking or completely lowering the driver's-side rear window will definitely help keep the wind from smacking the side of your head while driving. You probably notice a lot of rain water coming in with your window down because the side windows are very sloped inwards, which creates more vertical area for the rain to fall through and into your car. Older cars with straighter, more vertical side windows did not have this problem as badly.

1st Dec 2006, 10:19

As comment 01:26 recommends, the window visors are a great fix for rain coming in the windows. They go on every vehicle I get because I enjoy driving with the window down in hot weather even in the rain if the A/C is not on. I drive a Pontiac and have never experienced the severe buffeting mentioned. I suspect the styling of your car (which, incidentally, I find very pleasing) is to blame. Air flow is effected by a number of variables.

2005 Buick LaCrosse from North America

Summary:

Buick builds em good

Zero.

General Comments:

I bought my first Japanese car (a splendid Datsun) in 1969. About that time Detroit went into the tank. So like many in my entire generation it never occurred to me to buy an American car - it was simply Honda or Toyota. And they served well. Four years ago I inherited a 96 Buick Regal. Two years ago I inherited a 2002 Buick Century. At home my wife has her beloved 2003 Honda Civic EX. Buicks and Civics are different cars and serve different purposes. The only thing they seem to have in common is that neither break. I’ve put 25,000 miles on the Century (45,000 total) and there have been zero problems. I put 54,000 miles on the Regal (90,000 total) and spent $425 to fix an ABS problem. Beyond that, no repairs in four years. My wife’s Civic only has 17,000 on it and it’s flawless. However, both Buicks have proven more reliable than every Japanese car I’ve owned for 35 years. Maybe it’s a coincidence. I might also add that the Regal is no longer with me. I got elbowed off the left lane of an interstate in Ohio by a big-rig. The Regal’s ABS allowed for enough evasives to slow down significantly. However, it was either hit another car broadside or go into the ditch. I went into the ditch. The Regal flipped on it’s back - utterly demolished. Believe me it’s odd looking at the world upside down trapped under the steering wheel. But once helped out by the terrific Ohio emergency crew, I walked away without a scratch. Glad I wasn’t in the Civic that day. Heaven bless Detroit iron. And you bet I want a LaCrosse.

Review Date: 20th January, 2006

1st Apr 2006, 11:47

What exactly is it that Buick builds good? Have they ventured into another business besides cars? You're talking about this car like it's a Toyota or something. Buick never has, and never will, come even remotely close to building a vehicle as high quality as a Toyota.

1st Apr 2006, 13:11

Actually, Buick is one of the highest-rated for reliability compared to its domestic peers. So if any US make has a chance of comparing to the overblown glory of Toyota (which is slowly declining in merit). I am not a pro-US buyer (I own a Mitsubishi after having owned a Toyota; an Acura before that and a Buick before all of those) but I will give domestic brands credit where credit is due. Don't be a media-dupe. Toyota, and some other Japanese brands like Honda, are so self-indulged by their own hype that they don't even believe their products can fail. When they do, they won't stand by their warranty, claiming customer abuse. Read other reviews on this site and you'll see this is a trend.

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 3.6 from North America

Summary:

The new LaCrosse is a sleek, sporty, and great vehicle

This vehicle is new and just breaking in. There are no problems with this vehicle.

General Comments:

The Buick LaCrosse CXL is a great addition to Buick. I'm 30 years old and it is very appealing to the younger crowd.

It handles well, has great pick-up on the highways, and has a great sporty look with the sun roof.

It's loaded with options from heated leather seats, rear assist back-up, and the great safety feature of OnStar.

The interior is extremely comfortable, and seats 3 children in the back and an adult in the front.

Review Date: 14th February, 2005

15th Feb 2005, 15:27

Thanks for your review.

Which Buick dealer do you work for?

16th Feb 2005, 11:47

This is not a review, it's a damn advert!

3rd Apr 2005, 12:03

Why?

- Buicks are some of the most reliable cars around. Just look at JDPowers initial and Long term ratings to see this.

Ohh and I don't work for a dealer although I agree that the original post sounded like an ad.