1992 Cadillac Seville from North America

Summary:

I love this car!

Air conditioner problems.

Front struts.

Electric window (driver)

Belt pully.

Major brake job.

General Comments:

I love this car. It is perhaps the most sexy, stylish, car ever made. I got this car from its original owner (in 1996) with only 70K on it. I drive a lot for work, and have doubled the mileage. I got rear-ended on the freeway two weeks ago. My car had about 3k worth of damage - much less than the mini van that hit me. The insurance company wanted to "total" the car. I pitched a you-know-what, and they finally agreed to fix it.

I am currently driving a rental Mazda 6 and hate it. I get my baby back in a couple of days, and will be glad to have her home.

I have put a lot of money in this car already and expect to continue to do so until it is perfect again. (Appointment with the leather upholstery guy in two weeks)

I plan on keeping this beautiful creature as long as possible.

Review Date: 22nd April, 2008

1992 Cadillac Seville SLS 4.9L from North America

Summary:

An expensive waste of money!

The catalytic converter was replaced twice.

The front motor mount went bad which ruined the entire exhaust system from the headers back. Was $800 to repair.

Water pump was replaced twice in two years.

Seat recliner mechanisms broke and had to be welded in place.

Radiator leaks.

Brake line valves went in the rear. Very costly to replace.

Oil pan gasket replaced due to leak. Car still leaks oil everywhere.

Front load leveling struts replaced with regular struts. Now information center is stuck on "Service Ride Control"

Rear door lock broken.

Cassette player no longer works.

General Comments:

This car for the price has not really been worth it. I bought this car due to the fact that it DID NOT have a northstar motor.

It has so many flaws that I hate to admit that it's a Cadillac.

I'm embarrassed to park it in anyones driveway because it leaks so many fluids.

The car is however really sharp. It also has great styling that does not look outdated for such an old car. The power and performance are great, but there are so many little things that go wrong that are annoying!!

Review Date: 17th November, 2004

18th Nov 2004, 06:53

I'm sorry you have had so many problems with your car. Mine is a 1997 with the northstar engine and it has been quite reliable to say the least. While it does have a small oil leak, I do not worry about it. This is a second car that I only use for short trips and sometimes on the weekends. Hope you solve your Cadillac woes expeditiously.