2015 Chery Tiggo 2.0 from United Arab Emirates

Summary:

Rubbish

To begin, I bought a Chery Tiggo model 2015 on November 20, 2014.

At first the only problem was water leakage in the right back door rubber and sun roof, that I addressed during the first 1000km service (dated Dec. 13, 2014). The door water leakage was fixed, however the sunroof leakage was still there.

After 2 months and only 2400km (dated Jan. 21, 2015) my car ended up in the service center. On several occasions the car was idling/no acceleration in drive gear; imagine, we were in the middle of the street and all the cars behind are buzzing, and the transmission warning sign light was on.

Then on January 26, 2015 (after 5 days) my car was released from the service center and after one week (dated: Feb. 2, 2015) I'm experiencing the same problem, no acceleration and the transmission warning sign lights up. Additionally they also said they fixed the sunroof water leakage, however there is a cracking sound every time I close it.

Then on Feb. 3, 2015 again it was sent to the service center. On Feb. 12, 2015 (after 9 days) I received my car and the same day the same problem occurred - no acceleration in drive gear and the transmission warning light went on.

Then on Feb. 14, 2015, it was sent back to the service center and until now has not been released as they cannot locate the problem.

General Comments:

Don't buy this car.

Review Date: 22nd February, 2015

30th Mar 2015, 11:01

Please can you give your contact details, because I am planning to buy a Chery Tiggo: My Number - 0567325672.

2009 Chery Tiggo TXE 2.0 liter from South Africa

Summary:

A poor investment

The gears to shift from 2nd to 3rd are stiff. When I took the car in numerous times, I was told to change my driving technique, as you need a split second for it to go from 2 to 3.

Also the catalyst in the exhaust made a sound from the beginning, and the dealer said it's not included under warranty.

The car is a bit overpriced for its performance, and the trade-in value is a total loss.

General Comments:

If I had to choose again, it would sure as hell would be a car that keeps its value, which is not the case with a Chery.

Review Date: 16th December, 2014

2012 Chery Tiggo TX 1.6 from South Africa

Summary:

A great car at the right price

Cat converter at 50 000.

General Comments:

What a lovely car.

Apart from normal servicing, I did not spend R500 in 100 000 km. That was for removing the cat converter at 50 000 km. The door rubber kept on coming loose, but that was solved with a bit of Bostick.

Tires were replaced at 100 000 km with slightly smaller ones (225/60/16), which made the car a lot nicer to drive, and you can drive around in 5th gear, where you previously had to change down to 4th or 3rd. I can strongly advise owners to consider this change in tire size. It is much quicker and has better fuel consumption as well. It is also much easier to pull away with the air con on.

Service from the dealer was pathetic to say the least, and I decided to do the servicing myself.

It is basically a Toyota RAV of 3 models back. It uses a lot of RAV4 spares.

Ride quality is a bit hard, but bringing the tire pressures down to 1.8 bar sorted that.

I would buy another one without thinking twice.

Any enquiries about the tire changes can be sent to carel@trailerboys.co.za

Review Date: 4th September, 2014

13th Sep 2014, 09:40

It's a nice car and I own it!!

10th Oct 2014, 21:38

Lovely car, but the dealer here in Egypt doesn't care about his client, so the customer service is a disaster. I love my car, but it has many faults.

20th Oct 2014, 07:03

Hi, I seem to be experiencing the same problem of the catalytic converter giving in at 51,000km. Where can I have this part removed, and what sort of cost can I expect it to be?? I live in Durban, KZN. Thanks.