2009 Chery Tiggo 1.6 from Singapore

Summary:

Best $ value and good safe ride!

1. Some rust on muffler. Nothing a little paint cannot resolve, done by dealer.

2. Rear right door stiff to close. Solved by dealer.

3. Engine hood rubber seal torn - replaced by dealer.

4. Sound of metal plate vibrating in dashboard, but cannot predict when it will occur. Still looking for the cause, but happens once in a while only. Ashtray? Hi-fi metal brace?

5. Engine noise is a bit loud when compared to other cars.

General Comments:

Best $ value I have ever purchased!!

Good handling, and for a 1.6M get 11KM in the city and 16km on the highway in Malaysia! It is under-powered, but OK for city driving, and I am no race car driver! Great moon roof! Chinese cars will continue to improve, and of course there are lemons, but this T11 / Tiggo is not one!

Bottom line is you pay for what you get, and the Tiggo is a very good deal!

Review Date: 31st December, 2010

2010 Chery Tiggo 2.0 from South Africa

Summary:

Be afraid - be VERY afraid

Too many to mention - and this saga is continuing.

General Comments:

If it was, what it is advertised as, it would be a totally different story.

Review Date: 18th October, 2010

19th Oct 2010, 06:51

Not much of a review if you don't say what is wrong with it.

21st Oct 2010, 04:51

On the 29th July 2010, I bought a Chery Tiggo 2.0 TXE.

On Friday 15 October 2010, I experienced challenges with the clutch, and as a matter of fact, the car was towed to the workshop by their road assistance. I am mostly disturbed by the message that was conveyed to me, that even though the car is still under warranty, the clutch warranty has expired in 3 months at 5000 kms. The worst thing is that they told me about this after they had seen the mileage on the car. The car is still under warranty as such at the moment. I feel I am being treated unfairly by Chery Motors, taking into consideration that this is my first challenge with them after the purchase.

I have a feeling that they are aware of the faulty clutch in these cars. I have also goggled the challenges that Chery owners experience on these cars, and the clutch gear lever is mentioned more than once. I need to hear from you what options do I have on this matter, and how will Chery Tiggo assist me. I am desperate as I need the car to move around; my job requires a car to be able to deliver effectively. Presently I am stuck in the office, and management is definitely not impressed. Now I am beginning to regret buying this car. P.

2nd Apr 2013, 05:00

I am just wondering if you still have this car?

2nd May 2013, 01:30

I totally agree that the Chery Tiggo is not what they portray it to be. Ever since I purchased it, I have had endless problems. I can't help but think of the phrase "All that glitters is not gold".

On the purchase date, the steering rattled like it was going to fall off.

After a year, the cheap material used on the handles and interior started fading and peeling off.

It's really, really slow.

I won't consider ever buying another one.

2010 Chery Tiggo 1.6 1.6 from Egypt

Summary:

Good cheap SUV = does the job!

Brake pressure too low when I took delivery, but after 50 kms it dramatically improved and is OK now.

Everything else works.

General Comments:

I just got this car 7 days ago, and have covered about 1000 kms, I have long days on the road most of the week.

The car was primarily bought because of my big dogs, else it would have been a sedan.

It's cheap as chips, has a decent suspension, good ride height and is simple. The A/C works perfectly!

For its price, I can forgive the minor irritant - slightly uncomfortable seats up front and loss of power when shifting from 1st to 2nd. I think it's geared a bit too high for an engine with very low torque.

It is very competent compared to the Japanese sedans and Korean plastic buckets once at speed and is a good ride and has minimal roll at corners. I was very surprised it didn't topple over, must be something to do with the anti-roll bars up front and suspension braces in the front, the rear setup seems pretty conventional and not too stiff, someone in Chery knows a thing or two about real world road conditions.

I hope BMW and Audi can learn something too - sports suspensions are only needed 2% of the life of a normal day to day car!

Review Date: 3rd August, 2010

19th Oct 2010, 07:28

An update:

It's done 10000 km now, so far nothing has gone wrong. I have been giving it RON 95, although RON 92 works fine.

Engine is much smoother now, and there some decent poke over 3000 rpm. That said, the torque is a bit too low for this SUV. Maybe lower gearing on the first two gears would help. It reaches 50 km/h in first and 100 km/h in second. Considering an SUV must be able to traverse off road terrain, a few cogs should be swapped over.

Comfort is OK, not great, the NVH is pretty high, but I can't seem to think of any other vehicle this versatile in this price range. My dogs are very happy in the back, what more can I ask...

2009 Chery Tiggo 1.6 from Malaysia

The car runs not very smooth when changing 1st gear to 2nd gear.

Car doors are very hard to open.

General Comments:

Interior is very good and very comfortable.

I bought this car because of its price (very cheap in Labuan, Malaysia). I don't expect its performance is comparable to a Honda CRV, but at least it's better than a local made car.

If you don't have high expectations, then this car is worth buying.

Review Date: 22nd July, 2010

2010 Chery Tiggo TX 1.6 from South Africa

Summary:

If I could choose again this would not be my first choice to purchase

My brand new Chery must have its gearbox replaced, and I've had to wait 8 weeks for the part to arrive from China.

There is no power when I pull away in first gear, also no power when changing over to second gear. There are some serious problems with this brand new car.

There is a strange clicking sound that comes from the back of the car (wheels) when driving.

There is not much power when going up hill.

General Comments:

The car looks extremely stylish and the size of the interior is great, with a large boot.

Review Date: 6th July, 2010

16th Apr 2011, 15:23

Hi! We are thinking of buying a Tiggo - after the replacement of the gear box, are you still happy with the vehicle, or would you never suggest the vehicle to someone?

Please let me know.

19th May 2011, 07:35

I have been driving a Chery Tiggo 1.L in Nepal for the last two months without any trouble. Gear shifting is bit slow, but has no problem driving up hills of 60 degrees.

-Anand.