2007 Chevrolet Malibu Reviews - Page 3 of 3

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2007
Engine and transmission 3.5L V6 Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Lumina

Summary:

Nice ride, but not worth the time and hassle with the electrical problems

Let me start off. I purchased my Malibu in November of 2007 as a new car, but got it at a discount price as it was in the last model year of this generation of the Malibu.

The car ran great until at about 42k when the electrical system went completely nuts. Messages kept coming up on the stereo such as trunk ajar, door ajar, low fuel, fuel tank empty, the car would shut off for no reason, the auto start feature wouldn't work at all, and I've had to disconnect my battery when I don't use the car for my alarm goes off constantly.

When I brought the car in GM this morning, for some reason, the car decided that it will act perfect. None of these problems were showing. This leads me to believe I had a faulty sensor. So they made me take off with my car. By the time I was 20 kilometers from work, the problems kicked in again, the car stalled right on the highway and wouldn't restart. What do you know, now I can't get in because the security system is screwed up.

Finally I had the car towed back to the dealership. I got a call roughly 20 minutes ago explaining to me that the whole electrical system is fried, and they are sending the car off to GM Canada in Oshawa for examination for 2 weeks. Great, so I'm stuck in a rental base Cobalt for 2 weeks.

I've read reviews on this site for a while, and moments ago I thought about posting this on here, as Malibu owners out there might be able to relate. I haven't seen any posts with similar problems, but Please if anyone out there is going through the same, post. I hope I didn't end up with a lemon because I won't be keeping it for long.

I'm a 45 year old man that has owned Chevrolet's all my life, and never have I had a problem this big.

Last car went 459,000, but I'm getting second thought as to weather or not this piece of crap will make it!

Review Date: 12th March, 2008

23rd Jun 2008, 20:48

I recently have experienced similar problems with my 2007 LTZ V6. Turned over 40k miles. Suddenly the door ajar message randomly appears. Happens daily, but of course would not duplicate while at service dealer. Alarm now randomly sounds also (read that it may be faulty hood sensor).

Have a problem since start of 2007 with wiper delay. With wipers in fastest delay mode, they will suddenly change into normal speed, then change back to delay mode. Dealer cannot duplicate.

Have had several visits for terrible AM reception. Dealer swapped radio, tightened ground at antenna. Ended up being connection inside right end of dash access.

Happy with vehicle, just need these electrical items to be addressed.