Chevrolet Spark Reviews - Page 3 of 5

Year of manufacture2009
First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission Manual
Previous carMaruti 800

Summary:

Value for money car

AC is insufficient. Not comfortable for the rear seat passengers.

General Comments:

Good interiors with excellent seating positions. Compact and superb for city traffic. Stable even at higher speed above 100 kms/hr. Spacious interiors.

Review Date: 1st March, 2010

2009 Chevrolet Spark LS from South Africa

Model year2009
Year of manufacture2009
First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission Manual
Previous carFord Ranger

Summary:

Designed for city living

The back windscreen started to rattle.

The seats are very comfortable. The foot space is not comfortable. My ankle starts to hurt after a short drive.

General Comments:

I live on the edge of the world, and bought this car because of its low fuel consumption.

I travel on dirt roads often, and I think that this is where the rattle started on the rear window.

Generally I really liked the car. The car however was not for me. The car does have low fuel consumption, yes, but the car does not have any "kick". So if you are buying the car to drive 90% of the time in a city - then yes, this car is for you. However - if you plan on traveling more than 7 hours at a time at times in this car, then it is not for you.

I have found that even though the Spark does 120km/h, it does not really have the power to overtake other vehicles quickly. It especially does not like wind. So overtaking a semi for example is really not a good idea, and don't even get me started on windy mountain passes!

I loved my Spark, really though it is designed for city living and definitely not anything else. I got 15km/l traveling at 120km/h, the fuel consumption is fantastic, but the compromise on space however, for me was not worth it.

Review Date: 2nd January, 2010

2008 Chevrolet Spark LX from South Africa

Year of manufacture2008
Engine and transmission Don't Know

Good

Black grease/rubber like substance oozing from the door.

General Comments:

My girlfriend has a Chevrolet Spark, and we have taken many road trips in it where I have driven, and personally driving her car as opposed to mine (Chrysler 2 ltr) is something to get used to, but all in all it is a pretty good little run around car.

The only problems I have with it is that it does feel a bit unstable in general, and even more so at speeds in excess of 80 km/h. The other problem I have is that when pulling off from stand still, most of the time it feels like the clutch slips.

I do have one question for every one reading this.

Yesterday while washing the car, my girlfriend noticed a black gel/rubber type stuff that seemed to be oozing out from under her door. Does any one know what it could be?

Review Date: 19th October, 2009

14th Dec 2009, 00:39

Hi, this is Ahmed from New Delhi, India.

I bought a Chevrolet Spark a couple of weeks ago. Since yesterday, there is black grease coming out of the right rear door. I noticed this when my hands were dirtied. Fortunately, the seats were spared the horror, as I have not yet removed the plastic wrapping that came with the new car. But the cream beige is in a mess.

When, I called the local Chevrolet Spark service station today, the person was not surprised by this complaint and kind of seemed to be aware of this kind of problem. May be this is a general problem with Spark. I am taking the car to the service station and have my fingers crossed on what action they will take. I also have problems with the first gear being very tight and the car switching off/ knocking in the first and second gear from the day I got the car. The service station at the authorised dealer where I got the car failed to rectify this when I took the car there.

2005 Chevrolet Spark LS 0.6petrol from Pakistan