2007 Chevrolet Spark LT 1.0 petrol from India
Not suitable if you don't have a chauffeur to get it fixed every fortnight
1. AC is simply useless. 2 tweaks by GM workshop, and it still refuses to cool the car.
2. Dashboard makes weird noises while accelerating.
3. On complaining, Dealer/Company give you a snob look, asking why you were cheap and bought their cheapest car.
4. Maintenance costs comparable with cars costing 3 times as much.
An OK car with good looks, but frequent problems ensure that a fortnight never passes when you don't have to worry about getting something fixed in a Spark.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 7th June, 2008
29th Jan 2009, 12:03
I am from Indonesia, Jakarta, and my yellow 2006 Chevy Spark has been around for at least 2 years.
To be honest, the Spark is too minimalist for me, but it works fine for my wife.
Anyway, I never found anything similar to your complaint, the air-con works okay for 2 years in a row. Yup, some noises did came from the front dash, and all I did is put something in the gap where the rattling noise came from. Well admit it, it is not a lavish car such as Aston Martin or McLaren.
And the way GM people welcome us is quite warm and friendly. They understand that they are dealing with economy car, not a cheap car.
Well, we come to no conclusion, it is a mere different perspective on the very same object I suppose.
22nd Sep 2009, 10:31
I am from the Philippines. My spark is now almost a year, but I too have no problems with my aircon. It provides cool even during high noon. No rattling sound on the dashboard as well. In fact, I feel that it runs and performs better now that the first time I bought and used it. Of course, I follow the preventive maintenance service. It's possible that the problems in the thread are factory-related issues.
31st Jan 2015, 06:54
An update. After nearly six years, my car still runs okay. I have used it in the city and highway driving. The main issues are:
1) Changed the clutch plate, clutch disc, clutch bearing, and brake pads (front and rear) in its third year.
2) Changed the battery twice.
3) Changed the four tires.
4) Had the tube of the air con welded due to a freon leak.
5) Regular oil maintenance (no longer in the casa or dealer, but in a gasoline service station).
6) Had the fuel filter changed once.
7) Wiper blade changed twice.
8) Clutch cable changed.
9) Have replaced the dome bulb light and rear signal light once.
10) Regular changing of the cabin air con filter and air filter.
I have not met any accident, so the unit still looks fresh. I regularly wash and wax it myself to maintain the paint. I feel it requires a wheel alignment, and perhaps a replacement of the shock absorber, especially at its rear, as it is no longer as suave as before.
Chevy Spark 2008 1.0 liter. I am the same commenter from the Philippines.