23rd Sep 2006, 09:39

I have a B210 1981. It does exist. and it is a wagon. Car makers/sellers can do what ever they want. N.Y.

11th Oct 2006, 12:02

I had a 1980 Datsun 210. Great little car. Got it in 1991 for something like $400. It had been used as a delivery vehicle from what I can tell (had a Vancouver commercial vehicle permit sticker). Very little rust, but one huge dent and driver's seat was falling apart. Someone broke the tail light the day I got it. They key broke off in the ignition a few weeks later. Used a screwdriver to start it for a while, then went to the Nissan dealer who actually had an original brand new ignition switch in stock!

Basically just drove this car for a year, doing nothing to it, but put in gas. Unfortunately I neglected routine maintenance and it got harder and harder to start. Eventually I just sold it for $100 when it wouldn't start at all. But, I saw it on the road a month later! (I put a sticker on the back bumper that said "YOU WISH"). So if you see a brown 4 door Datsun 210 like this, please let me know! I would not be surprised if that car is still on the road. Wish I had taken better care of it and still had it.

If you have one, don't ever sell it.

10th Oct 2007, 22:58

I'm driving an 81 B210 wagon. I've had it since 1984. 294 thousand on the transmission and rear end. About 8 years on a second engine. This was my commute car prior to retirement. Had a problem with the accelerator being sucked to the floorboard at a cold start-up or just after moving down the road after a cold start-up. I'd have to pull over and shut off the engine for about a minute or so and then restart it. I put up with this for several years when I recently got really tired of it. You can imagine how disconcerting this can be in traffic or when driving down a curvy hill. Furthermore, I couldn't, in good conscience, sell the car to someone, even if I wanted to, with this condition. Very long story short, there is a top switch, not the back-up light switch, on top of the transmission that apparently connects to a solenoid at the carburetor. I disconnected the wires to the switch about 6 months ago and no more problems, even tho the mornings are getting chilly and the temps are well below 65, when the problem always occurred. NOBODY that I ever contacted could figure out this problem. So far, so good. I wonder if this will affect my next smog test, however, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

14th Jun 2009, 21:52

I have a 79 210 wagon! It's the love of my life!

It just won't die.