2005 Dodge Intrepid 2.7 liter from North America

I have a 2000 Dodge Intrepid 2.7 liter with 61,374 miles. I have always used Mobile One Synthetic oil with a Mobile One 5 micron filter. I also changed the PCV every time I changed oil, which was every 3,000 religiously. I am 43 years old and my hot rodding is long done. I was driving the Intrepid going 25 MPH and it just died; the timing chain seized up and parts of metal went all through the engine. The car is in perfect condition, but is only worth $3800 (assuming it had a functional engine). The estimate to repair is $6,500. The Dodge dealership knew what the problem was before I towed it to their garage. I asked why this was not a recall item and they stated "it was not a safety issue". I will never purchase a Dodge product (nor will my family) ever again. I will be taking this auto to the junkyard where I have arranged to have it crushed by their machine and I will be the one operating it. It will be the only therapy for me, but at least it will make me feel better by completely eliminating another Dodge from our great nation’s roads.

Todd Neu.

General Comments:

DO NOT BUY DODGE PRODUCTS! They will not warranty anything prior to the buyout except Mercedes! NO EXCEPTIONS.

Review Date: 20th September, 2005

26th Sep 2005, 06:50

By my comments I am referring to the fact that Chrysler knows about this problem, but will not admit these engines should be recalled, due to a design flaw. You can search the Internet and find literally hundreds of stories very similar to mine. I am not stating that all Chrysler products are rubbish; only that the company will not do any corrective actions with autos that were produced prior to Dieter being put in charge.