2010 Dodge Journey from North America

Summary:

I would not buy another Journey

General Comments:

The Journey has no power and torque. It moves up a gear on the slightest incline.

It not only has no power, it gets terrible mileage.

The looks and design are great, the power does not match up with the looks. Dual exhausts on a car with no power?

Review Date: 26th August, 2011

10th Nov 2011, 18:23

Should have bought the V6 - I test drove an 09 the other day, and it had more than adequate power, and will get into the mid 20's in fuel economy. It also rode extremely well and handled fine. Want even more power? The 2011 has 283hp.

6th Jan 2012, 01:33

I have a 2010 Dodge Journey with the 2.3 liter four cylinder motor, and I agree that this SUV does not have enough torque, and the 4 gear box does not help when driving in hills.

This SUV consumes 14.5 liters of gas in the city to run 100 km (6.89 kilometers per liter), which is the same as 16.37 MPG (miles per gallon) according to the computer, which almost agrees with Dodge's EPA specifications for the city, that claims it's 19 miles per gallon (MPG).

Note that I put it a high performance air filter in the air filter box.

5th Jan 2013, 06:29

Now my 2010 Dodge Journey has 23000 km. I have the Journey with the 2.3 motor. This car hasn't had any failures. The only trouble is that the brakes vibrate. I have had to change the brake pads and the rectification of the disc brakes. Dodge should increase the SIZE of the pads and disc brakes, and also they should be made of CARBON-CERAMIC in order to be able to brake an SUV as heavy as the Dodge Journey, and its cargo of seven passengers and their luggage.

Another issue is that the suspension makes the Dodge Journey jump a lot.

In general I'm satisfied with this car. I hope that Dodge Mexico makes a recall for these failures, at least paying 50% of the charge for the brake pads. Or 50% of the new shock absorbers.

2009 Dodge Journey SXT V6 from North America

Summary:

Love the car, hate the tires

The catalytic converter is already going out on it.

General Comments:

I love this car, however Dodge really messed up with the tires. Who's bright idea was it to have Kuhmo make a tire that was a special size that no other vehicle uses, and to only have Kuhmo make this tire. It is almost impossible to find this tire, and every time I need to get new tires, I have to pay extra in freight because it it is not a tire that vendors have on hand. :( So my 250.00 tire now becomes a 270.00 tire after freight costs.

Review Date: 23rd August, 2011

23rd Aug 2011, 12:52

Wow, a simple check at tirerack.com finds 48 different tires available for your car, from Kumho as well as 16 other manufacturers, and starting at $108.00, which even with shipping is less than half the price you stated.

So much for your tire complaint.

24th Aug 2011, 00:06

Wow - Those are some pricey tires!

2010 Dodge Journey SE 2.4 from North America

Summary:

Not bad for the price

Nothing wrong at this time, but engine has awful noise and is slow when starting. I am always worried when merging into a freeway, as it has no power when accelerating, but once on the freeway, it rides great. Under powered, and made cheap.

I did not get the advertised gas mileage; it's still consuming lots of gas.

The good feature of this car is that it has lots of cargo space for my kid's activity, a good sound system, a reasonable price, good looks, and above all, I am liking it more every day.

Review Date: 14th August, 2011

10th Nov 2011, 18:35

You must not have test drove the car prior to purchase if you are complaining about the power. Dodge does offer a V6...