2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS V6 from North America

Summary:

Good truck, but a little nervous about the heating/AC system

Heater/AC stopped working at 7009 miles.

General Comments:

The 08 Ridgeline rides good, but I am very disappointed that the heater went out in middle of the winter with temps in the 20's and teen's at 7000 miles.

Review Date: 12th January, 2009

22nd Feb 2009, 21:11

Did you ever find out why the heat/air went out? I know it was covered under warranty, but that would be very frustrating.

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 3.5L V6 from North America

Summary:

You will not be disappointed in your choice, great truck!

Nothing has gone wrong with the vehicle.

6000 miles, one oil change, gas. That's it.

General Comments:

Great room, well laid out.

Power back window is so cool.

Love the in bed trunk. And it is lockable/unlockable with the keyless remote.

Great ride, very comfortable. And you can get 5 people in the truck.

Warning: mountain bike will not fit in the cab as advertised. Very disappointing. Am I doing something wrong here??? The cab isn't as wide as the bike is long, so don't know what else I could do...

Took a trip to the mountains, got a "real world" MPG of 21.84 MPG. Well over 400 miles on 1 tank. Since it's rated at 15cty/20hwy, that's pretty good! Around town, not so much, but never below 15. My average has been 17-18 MPG's. But be careful with the gas pedal.

Service at my local Honda dealership has been fantastic, of course, all I've had is an oil change since my purchase.

-- GET THE HONDA FOG LIGHT KIT on your Ridgeline. It costs about $500, money very well spent. Looks very cool on the truck, and the extra light is nice on dark nights. Google Ridgeline pictures to see.

Truck could use some more power but the 5 speed automatic does a good job with the V6. The 2009 models get some cosmetic upgrades, about 5 more hp, that's about it. Really needs more torque. No word on a V8 or diesel yet. Of course 247 hp in a v-6 is nothing to sneeze at.

The Nav system is pretty cool, but expensive. I passed on it since I have a portable system.

I think it's the only front wheel drive based truck on the market. Yes it has automatic 4 wheel drive, but the primary drive is front wheel drive.

Truck bed will scratch VERY easily. It won't hurt it, but it shows every scratch.

Dual action tailgate should be standard on all trucks. It is sooo cool!

I like the styling, who cares what anybody else thinks. It's way different, that's why I wanted it!

Get the RTL if you can swing it. Heated leather seats, sunroof, etc... Very nice.

Review Date: 29th September, 2008

19th Jul 2009, 02:27

Just wanted to say took a trip to New York from Michigan 780 miles one way, and the 08 Ridgeline handled very well with all 5 in the car.

I have the loaded option with Nav, power everything. I get so many comments on the truck it is not even funny; everyone loves it. Once they ride in it or drive it, they are sold, especially the ladies with the trunk.

So if you are looking for a good on gas, comfortable, safe, reliable, and good looking truck, then look no further than a Ridgeline RTL.

The Nav system led us right to my Dad's house in upperstate New York, and he was worried that I wouldn't find him.

Oh and by the way 70 or 75% of this truck was made in the USA, maybe not in our precious Detroit, but still here.

Oh and by the way, who didn't need the bail out or go bankrupt, Chevy, Chrysler, or Honda? You can pick the multiple choice here.

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 3.5L from North America

Summary:

The truck of my dreams!

Nothing really has gone "wrong" with my truck. I absolutely love it! I will always own a Honda Ridgeline. Seriously! It drives like a dream! It is so functional, flexible, fuel efficient (for a truck), and comfortable.

General Comments:

I love this truck, because first of all, it is a Honda, so it will last forever.

Second, it is very roomy.

Third, it gets the best gas mileage of a truck.

Next, it is the first truck to ever earn a 5 star crash test safety rating.

Next, it is the first truck to have 4 wheel independent suspension since the Hummer H1.

Next, the in-bed trunk can hold everything I throw at it.

I can't say enough or remember everything to mention.

Review Date: 18th April, 2008