2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS 3.5L V6 from North America

Summary:

The new direction for pickup trucks, the domestics have a lot to live up to

Nothing.

General Comments:

As a previous Accord V6 and Pilot owner I was a little worried about acceleration, and in town it does feel a little laborious unless you keep it in D3 or lower.

In the mountains and on dirt trails it is far superior to the pilot and any other 4WD I have owned, though I wouldn't want to take it off road.

On twisty roads it handles more like a sedan than any truck. Lots of passenger room and the in bed trunk is a marvelous feature.

Review Date: 26th June, 2006

27th Jun 2006, 21:29

I don’t think this vehicle competes with “real” pick-ups. How many sheets of plywood can it carry? How about bales of hay or maybe a motorcycle?

28th Jun 2006, 13:56

Yeah, that "bed trunk" is a marvelous idea at first, but not so well thought out. It holds the spare tire.

So, what happens if you have a load of something in the bed and get a flat?

2005 Honda Ridgeline RTL V6 from North America

Summary:

The best vehicle I have ever owned

Squeaky steering wheel that was replaced under warranty.

General Comments:

The Ridgeline has incredible driving dynamics. It is smooth riding, yet responsive.

The interior is just want I wanted after owning a Lexus RX330. Durable, yet has quality materials.

The steering could be a bit lighter and the I do not care for the pull-up door handles, but the truck has so many qualities buttoned-down, that any slight beefs with the truck are forgotten every time I drive it.

I love this truck!

Review Date: 25th March, 2006

2006 Honda Ridgeline V6 from North America

Summary:

The best I have owned

None, but it is only a month old.

General Comments:

I drove almost every other truck out there. The Ridgeline has more features and more room. The ride is the best part about this truck. I knew the truck would be in my driveway once I finished my test drive.

If you are looking for a truck and do not do hardcore offroading, give this thing a long look.

Review Date: 14th August, 2005

11th Jan 2006, 15:51

I've had mine for about 3 months. Its got around 10k on it and its starting to rattle. When I turn left I hear a grinding noise or it sounds like the power steering is going bad.

Yea, don't take it offroad. Other than that I like it.

19th Feb 2006, 05:28

I looked at one of these yesterday the first vehicle I would ever seriously trade in my Acura TL type S for. I went straight to it in the showroom. Please keep posting updates as you accumulate more mileage. I am hesitant on any first year model, but I definitely want one!