2001 Infiniti QX4 V6 from North America

Summary:

Reliable, stylish and an enjoyable drive

O2 sensors were the main thing.

Battery shortly after I got it.

General Comments:

I think the Infiniti QX4 is a fine automobile.

Hardly had any problems with it, and it still runs smooth at higher km levels.

Very comfy and nice interior, and has proved very reliable, even starting without an issue in -35 Celsius weather.

Dealer service proved very pricey, would not go back to dealer for servicing.

Little high on gas and insurance, but gas not as bad as comparably sized SUVs.

Overall great truck, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Review Date: 7th January, 2010

1998 Infiniti QX4 3.3L from North America

Summary:

Excellent vehicle

I had to replace the whole exhaust system right after buying this car, and that is all that I ever replaced..

General Comments:

I have done preventative maintenance on the vehicle. I changed the water pump and timing belt at 100k miles, which was just for my own peace of mind.

I would definitely buy this model again if it was in production.

Review Date: 1st March, 2008

24th Jan 2015, 04:00

You said you replaced the timing belt? I thought this model has a timing chain?

9th Sep 2015, 01:37

I bought a 1999 QX4. NO doubt. It has a timing belt. I did timing belt, water pump, all belts and hoses.

I was there, so I changed the thermostat.

Look on the Internet for products. I used Rockauto.com. Used a shop for last minute parts.

I didn't flush the cooling system. I will do that in November. REMEMBER, this car has a cast iron block.

1999 Infiniti QX4 3.3L from North America

Summary:

I will buy another one. SUPER!

Nothing has gone wrong with the vehicle. 7 years old, almost 100K, every switch, button, all radio functions work correctly. Maintenance records that were in the vehicle show no repairs to these items.

Drive train works as new.

General Comments:

Even with age of this vehicle, it is very comfortable, super well equipped.

Bose stereo and CD changer all work perfectly, great sound.

3.3 liter motor doesn't have much power, but I have gotten 19.5 mpg in mixed driving.

Sharp looking vehicle, inside and out, can't wait to get my next one.

I was test driving Xterras (gotta have a Nissan!), then I found the QX4. The xterra was newer, but no where near as nice (feature wise) as the Q. I just needed something to pull my seadoo with, but I find myself driving my Q all the time, leaving my 2002 Maxima (which is an awesome ride as well) in the driveway.

Review Date: 27th August, 2006

29th Dec 2007, 21:22

I am the original poster. A year has gone by, 10,000 miles. No changes to my Q. Still running great, no work done. Just oil changes, wipers, and washing. Great vehicle!

2000 Infiniti QX4 from North America

Summary:

It is worth every penny

I had an O2 sensor go out right after I purchased the vehicle. My driver side window failed to roll down a couple of months after I purchased it.

General Comments:

In comparison to my previous Pathfinder it more quiet and smooth on the road. It is a very luxurious ride. I recommend it to all who enjoy the need for space and utility.

Review Date: 7th June, 2005

1999 Infiniti QX4 V6 3.3 from North America

Summary:

Reliable, but very sluggish performance

Air conditioner leaks freon.. can't find leak.

General Comments:

This car is seriously underpowered.

It is a dog! However, it is a reliable car. Would suggest buying a 2001 with a larger motor.

Plus, the dealer will rip you off.

Good thing is you can get it serviced anywhere and uses Nissan Parts.

Review Date: 7th February, 2005

2003 Infiniti QX4 from North America

Summary:

Luxury, Power, Style +

Nothing has gone wrong with this car.

General Comments:

This is a very nice luxury SUV. The interior is well constructed and seems quite solid. The leather seats that come standard on this model are extremely nice and well made. The stereo system sounds very good. The gauges and controls / cupholders, etc. are well thought out.

The exterior of the vehicle seems very solid as well. I worried a bit at first because there is a lot of plastic body cladding on the car, but I have had no problems with any of it falling off and it seems well connected.

The engine and drivetrain are silky smooth and seem well mated for most tasks. I have noticed that the motor in this vehicle has somewhat less torque than the Jeep Cherokee that we used to own. Usually this is noticable only when towing something heavy at high speeds, like a boat. Is it a problem? No, not really. With the overdrive off it is hardly noticeable. I have noticed that the gas mileage IS pretty horrible. I think that I am currently getting around 15 MPG in town, 18 on the highway. This can be painful with the price of gas around $2 a gallon...

Despite the poor gas mileage, I highly recommend the purchase of a QX4. It is a fast, good looking, reliable, comfortable vehicle.

Review Date: 27th July, 2004

27th Apr 2006, 17:24

I also have a 03 QX4 and the key to improving gas mileage is to drive it gently and look ahead for traffic, lights, etc. A steady 65 mph on the highway, level road, dry weather gives up to 23 mpg. Try a injector cleaner for better mileage as well. Good luck.