Infiniti QX4 Reviews - Page 4 of 4

2001 Infiniti QX4 from North America

Year of manufacture2001
Most recent year of ownership2001
Previous carToyota Avalon

Summary:

Don't get ripped-off by buying the navigation system

Overall, the vehicle is good quality. The "rip-off" is the navigation system. I paid $2,000 for a system that will not even cover the entire USA. It really should be marketed as a "limited" navigation system. By the way... it takes 8 more CDs to cover the US at a cost of $180 each. I feel taken!

General Comments:

Handles fairly well, not much interior comfort room, engine power OK, styling good.

Review Date: 2nd May, 2001

30th May 2004, 12:34

No offense, but if only you could realize just how much you are asking for here. Having the WHOLE country on one CD, whew! No car manufacturer does that as far as I know. What you're saying is that you want every street, highway, and alley on ONE CD to be read off by a single small navigation unit. That is truly impossible.

3rd Jun 2004, 15:34

I recently purchased a 2001 SUV Infiniti Qx4 and I too am very pleased with the overall performance - however, I too noticed the seats are a bit short - since I am of med height and weight - I wonder how would a larger person fit into the front seats comfortably - my only complaint thus far -

10th Oct 2004, 14:17

No navigation system currently in production has the WHOLE united states on one CD.

19th Nov 2004, 06:36

Most Navigation systems are now DVD-based and cover the entire country in one or two disks. Having 8 disks in the QX4's system was one of the weaknesses pointed out in Edmund's 2001 review of that car.

24th Jan 2005, 15:15

In order for manufacturers to have the entire country on one disk there has to be more storage space than a CD has. This can be accomplished with a DVD. Infiniti is now offering a country-wide DVD map in many of its models.

1997 Infiniti QX4 3.2 liter gasoline from Republic of Palau

Year of manufacture1997
First year of ownership1997
Most recent year of ownership2000
Engine and transmission 3.2 liter gasoline Automatic
Previous carNissan Maxima

Summary:

Great ride

4 sets of shocks. Worn out due to my excessive speeds.

Problems with the check engine light (after making a hole in my crankshaft while off-roading), can't seem to get it to go off.

Noisy back door, fixed by adjusting a latch.

General Comments:

Excellent ride. Very comfortable. Awesome sound system. Great 4WD system.

Feels like you are driving a sedan but unfortunately it eats like you're driving a BMW Z8.

Review Date: 18th September, 2000

22nd Jun 2005, 21:26

I've been looking for a great SUV that was stylish, and comfortable. I am getting older and I realized that I need to have an SUV that doesn't bounce around. Well, this doesn't at all. The ride is so smooth, and you can't even feel the bumps in the road. I work in the New York City and all of you know how bumpy it is there... When I first drove it in the city I couldn't believe how smooth it was... The gas I guess is good for my vehicle. It gets like 17 to the gallon on City and that's pretty good!

4th Oct 2005, 14:09

These comments were both helpful. Thank you. I'm looking at buying a 1997 QX4 from an individual, and want to make sure I'm not getting into a car with real problems. It's always risky with an older SUV.

I was really sold on the smooth ride on my test drive, and am glad to hear that other people are still happy with theirs.