2003 Infiniti QX4 from North America

Summary:

An outstanding sport utility vehicle

In the six months I have owned my Infiniti QX4, I have not had a single problem.

General Comments:

This is one of the best SUVs I have owned, and I have previously owned a 1996 Ford Explorer and a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.

Review Date: 15th November, 2003

2002 Infiniti QX4 240hp V6 from North America

Summary:

A luxurious SUV, tops in it's class

Rather minor slightly squeaky rear window. Small rear passager doors. Protruding running boards.

General Comments:

Test drove a 4 Runner LTD prior to purchasing the QX4. Acceleration and performance is far superior than the sluggish 4 Runner. The 240hp V6 makes the same amount of power as the bigger, more expensive Toyota Sequoia. Although the interior is as confined as the 4Runner's, it's more up to date and more comfortable with more features that are standard than what comes with the 4 Runner. Running boards do hinder entrance and leave road dirt on pant legs if you're not careful and rear passenger doors are small.

Driving this SUV is a dream. It has intelligent 4 wheel drive, great braking, tight steering, lots of horsepower under the hood, commanding view of the road, Bose 6 disk CD stereo, leather seats and great reliability, which makes this SUV tops in it's class. This truck rocks, just don't waste your money on the navigation system...

Review Date: 16th August, 2002

30th Oct 2002, 20:06

Get the navigation! It's probably the best cd based system there is. A birds eye view and voice are just a couple of the features. If you travel or work out of your car, you'll wonder what you ever did with out it.

12th Mar 2003, 19:38

I second the Nav system. I couldn't imagine buying the car with out it. Has saved me time and time again.

2001 Infiniti QX4 from North America

Summary:

Don't get ripped-off by buying the navigation system

Overall, the vehicle is good quality. The "rip-off" is the navigation system. I paid $2,000 for a system that will not even cover the entire USA. It really should be marketed as a "limited" navigation system. By the way... it takes 8 more CDs to cover the US at a cost of $180 each. I feel taken!

General Comments:

Handles fairly well, not much interior comfort room, engine power OK, styling good.

Review Date: 2nd May, 2001

30th May 2004, 12:34

No offense, but if only you could realize just how much you are asking for here. Having the WHOLE country on one CD, whew! No car manufacturer does that as far as I know. What you're saying is that you want every street, highway, and alley on ONE CD to be read off by a single small navigation unit. That is truly impossible.

3rd Jun 2004, 15:34

I recently purchased a 2001 SUV Infiniti Qx4 and I too am very pleased with the overall performance - however, I too noticed the seats are a bit short - since I am of med height and weight - I wonder how would a larger person fit into the front seats comfortably - my only complaint thus far -

10th Oct 2004, 14:17

No navigation system currently in production has the WHOLE united states on one CD.

19th Nov 2004, 06:36

Most Navigation systems are now DVD-based and cover the entire country in one or two disks. Having 8 disks in the QX4's system was one of the weaknesses pointed out in Edmund's 2001 review of that car.

24th Jan 2005, 15:15

In order for manufacturers to have the entire country on one disk there has to be more storage space than a CD has. This can be accomplished with a DVD. Infiniti is now offering a country-wide DVD map in many of its models.

1997 Infiniti QX4 3.2 liter gasoline from Republic of Palau

Summary:

Great ride

4 sets of shocks. Worn out due to my excessive speeds.

Problems with the check engine light (after making a hole in my crankshaft while off-roading), can't seem to get it to go off.

Noisy back door, fixed by adjusting a latch.

General Comments:

Excellent ride. Very comfortable. Awesome sound system. Great 4WD system.

Feels like you are driving a sedan but unfortunately it eats like you're driving a BMW Z8.

Review Date: 18th September, 2000

22nd Jun 2005, 21:26

I've been looking for a great SUV that was stylish, and comfortable. I am getting older and I realized that I need to have an SUV that doesn't bounce around. Well, this doesn't at all. The ride is so smooth, and you can't even feel the bumps in the road. I work in the New York City and all of you know how bumpy it is there... When I first drove it in the city I couldn't believe how smooth it was... The gas I guess is good for my vehicle. It gets like 17 to the gallon on City and that's pretty good!

4th Oct 2005, 14:09

These comments were both helpful. Thank you. I'm looking at buying a 1997 QX4 from an individual, and want to make sure I'm not getting into a car with real problems. It's always risky with an older SUV.

I was really sold on the smooth ride on my test drive, and am glad to hear that other people are still happy with theirs.