2006 Jaguar XJ6 Review

Year of manufacture2006
Most recent year of ownership2011
Engine and transmission 4.0 straight 6 Automatic
Previous carBuick Park Avenue

Summary:

This is hands down the best car I have ever owned!

Nothing major has happened to this car at all!

Cracked the radiator and had it replaced along with the front grill when it was 2 or 3 years old; rock kicked up from a semi truck hit it.

Had an unusual intermittent electrical problem this year (2011) that ended up just being a bad relay - replaced for under $20.

Replaced headlights in 2008, lost 2 in a week. Total cost was under $150.

Radio ceased working mysteriously about 5 years ago, replaced it with a used one from a local source for $350.

General Comments:

This car is the most comfortable driving automobile that I have ever owned! The best seats I have ever put my backside into.

The engine is still as strong and smooth as the day I bought it, I have never had any issues with engine or transmission at all so far.

Cruise control is important - this car does not seem to be going as fast as it really is! You think that you are driving about 70mph, look down and see you are doing 100 :-)

During this time period, I have had 2 other cars die on me, but the cat just keeps purring.

Good winter driver as long as you have a nice set of snow tires and a brain.

Bought another used '96 with 114k miles for $2000 for my daughter - a steal! Normally I would not buy a car with such mileage, but after having this one, I am completely confident.

Review Date: 12th August, 2011

17th Dec 2012, 05:19

I agree with the owner of the 2006 XJ. I own a 2006 XJR. Not only does it look sharp, but it's the warmest car I have ever owned. So far very reliable and does 0 to 60 in 5 seconds, top speed 155mph. 30 MPG at 70 mph, thank to the aluminum body.

Average review marks: 9.5 / 10, based on 1 review