2006 Kia Amanti from North America

I have only had it for 4 months. The week after I got it the windshield washer fluid wouldn't work. I took it in and the little hose had come disconnected. It may have been like that when I purchased it... I hadn't tried it before then.

I have been noticing a clicking noise when I turn. I need to have this checked out.

I am most disappointed with the paint. It seems like the least little thing scratches it. I had a box that was in the trunk and while taking it out, I set it on the bumper while I closed the trunk lid. I now have scratch marks where the box was placed. I have several scratches in other places too. I have never owned a car that was so delicate.

General Comments:

This car is very comfortable.

I get about 20-24 miles per gallon.

When it is clean, it sparkles!

Great manufacturer warranty. This was the deciding factor when we purchased it. I was leery of owning a KIA.

Review Date: 9th July, 2007

2005 Kia Amanti from North America

Summary:

I will not ever buy another Kia because of the repair issues and hassle

My car started dying at stop signs and stop lights, lurching, they have had my car in the shop 3 times now in the last month, and are now stating they are going to replace the transmission.

4 weeks prior to that, I was not getting any gas mileage and they had to replace the injectors in the motor stating they completely closed off. I'm just waiting to see what is next???

General Comments:

The overall car is wonderful. I really do enjoy the ride, it's a beautiful car inside and out, handles great.

But the service dept working on my car is terrible, and I'm just wondering does anybody else have these problems.

The warranty great, and you will need it, because you will pay for the car and be driving their rental/Enterprise cars more than you will see the car you're paying for.

Review Date: 18th April, 2007

29th Apr 2007, 09:21

Interesting I'm having those same problems...

4th May 2007, 05:07

I did have to replace the trany around 60K, but my dealer was great and had it back to me in a little more than 24 hours. It was still under warranty. My daughter has been driving it while I'm in Afghanistan and the dealer has been great.

17th Jan 2009, 11:13

I have a 2004 Kia Amante. I have 64,000 miles on it.

Last year while driving my car for no reason or warning it starting bucking and lost most of its power and the engine light came on. When I pushed on the gas it would only go about 5 miles an hour, but then when you pushed harder on the gas pedal it would buck again. Still under warranty at that time. Kia said it looked like a mouse chewed some wires. Replaced them free of charge.

Happened again. Read my manual, checked for blown fuses. Pushed them all in especially the oxygen fuses (9 and 10). Got back in, engine light was still on, but car ran fine. After about an hour the engine light went out. Car ran great for awhile.

Since then this same event has happened 2 more times. Last time it happened I shut the car off then restarted it and it ran fine again, except my engine light remains on. Any suggestions or has this happened to anyone else?

Other than this I love the car.

17th Apr 2012, 15:55

Pull the battery cables off, both negative and positive, then wait 10 seconds, then put back on. The light has a problem with the fuel cap not being tightened correctly.

2006 Kia Amanti from North America

Summary:

Great

Have had no trouble with the car.

General Comments:

The car has impressed me more than I thought it would.

I got 30 miles to the gallon at 65 miles per hour on a recent trip.

The car is very quite and rides comfortably.

I have all the power I need with the car's v6.

Review Date: 15th May, 2006

17th May 2006, 11:59

I just bought one after I went for a test drive, it amazed me how smooth and very comfy it was. I work hard, so I want to enjoy a comfortable ride to and from work. I'm very excited about it and all my co-workers are impressed.