2004 Kia Amanti from North America

Summary:

In one word, excellent

Nothing.

General Comments:

I purchased this car for its value, style, warranty, and safety features. What I didn't expect was to be involved in a frontal collision that destroyed the car. The front was crushed approximately 18" on the left and 12" on the right. There was no damage to the car in the passenger compartment and the doors after the accident still worked perfectly. I suffered only a small bruise to my hand and another small bruise from the seat belt. The front air bags deployed and saved me from any further injury.

I am returning to the dealer to purchase another. Who wouldn't?

Review Date: 19th March, 2006

13th Mar 2007, 18:10

I'm sorry to hear that about your car. We own a 2004 optima and I hope that never happens, because we love it! But it's good to know Kia's crash well. I would do the same thing in your case, if it was in fact totaled. But I can't see you sending that car to the junkyard if it would cost you less to fix it, and it's still a nice car.

2005 Kia Amanti from North America

Summary:

Excellent value except for the fuel consumption

I have had absolutely no problems with this automobile.

General Comments:

With the exception of the gas mileage, this is an excellent automobile. I am most satisfied with its comfort and performance.

Since I have had no problems and no reason to visit the dealer for service, I cannot comment on this.

I must emphasize that the fuel efficiency is very bad.

Review Date: 19th February, 2006

2005 Kia Amanti 4 dr Sedan 3.5 from North America

Summary:

Stylish luxury and a great value

Minor trim defect corrected under warranty.

General Comments:

Incredible amenities and outright luxury at seriously affordable price point. Wouldn't mind a few more horses, but this isn't a performance sedan, it's a premium sedan. MPG is acceptable and still improving during break-in.

Review Date: 20th January, 2006

2004 Kia Amanti 3.5 litre twin cam V6 from North America

Summary:

I have a very high opinion of the Amanti and would recommend it highly

There have been no problems with the Amanti.

General Comments:

Because of my experience with previous KIA cars I've owned, ie. Ford Aspire, 1997 Kia Sephia and 2002 Kia Rio, I decided to move up to a bigger motor car.

The Amanti has pleased me very much. There are only a very few areas where I feel there could be improvements and these are actually very minor. I believe the overhead control panel which houses the map lights and the sunshine roof controls could be lighted in the same fashion the controls on the arm rests are lighted. The overhead controls are difficult to find in the dark.

On a very long trip... upwards of 500 miles.. the seats are slightly uncomfortable, but that is true with almost every car I've owned.

Local fuel economy isn't spectacular, averaging in the upper teens per gallon. On a recent trip of just on 900 miles, my Amanti averaged exactly 25.0 miles per gallon.

I would like to have had more choice of interior colour. My car is dark blue with grey leather interior; I would like to have had a tan or beige leather interior which isn't available.

The car is remarkably quiet. I have had cars that "handle" better, but the Amanti is not, nor does it claim to be, a "sports car" or even "sports sedan."

The variable-ratio power assist steering is an excellent feature.

I'm very happy with my Amanti and seriously wonder why more aren't seen on the road. In my opinion it is a real "value" in the "entry level" luxury car market and the wararanty is excellent, though in the nearly quarter-million miles I've driven my various Kia-built cars I have never had to use the warranty.

Review Date: 5th January, 2006

19th Jan 2006, 21:39

Tan/Beige leather is available for 05 and 06'. Looked great on mine.

8th Apr 2006, 15:45

25mpg ain't that good my 97 Lincoln town car gets 25mpg that's because it's a land yacht with a 4.6 v8.

4th Apr 2007, 13:26

Ironically your Town Car produces less horsepower. Go figure.

28th Jul 2007, 17:23

Considering the weight of these cars (4,000+) 25 mpg is not that bad. I drive a Buick that is quite a bit larger on the outside, but weighs about 200 pounds less, but I average about 25 mpg. too.

25th Sep 2007, 20:28

The AM radio sounds like a World War I radio. Most of the time the squelches and static make this very difficult to hear. I took it back for service and the KIA Rep. said they tested it against other Kia AM radios and that it meets Kia standards. It may meet Kia's standards, but it is certainly not up to the standard of any other automobile manufacturer. In less than 15000 miles, I have needed warranty work on the rear window (severe leak), steering column, and the car required new struts. I think thier quality is lacking. I will never buy another Kia product.

2004 Kia Amanti 3.5 from North America

Summary:

A real value especially in comfort

Bad front strut and ball joint. Gas mileage is not so hot.

General Comments:

The car is quiet, smooth and a joy to drive. The interior is luxurious, very roomy and surrounds you with quality.

Review Date: 31st December, 2004

2004 Kia Amanti 3.5 V6 DOHC from North America

Summary:

Fancy KIA

Nothing, I just got it.

General Comments:

Smooth, nice Leather, greatest interior of a KIA. I love the car.

Review Date: 22nd February, 2004

25th Feb 2004, 20:44

I think it would have been helpful if you could have included the price you paid. Yes, the car is new, and you love it so far, but in order for your review to be useful at this point you could have explained why you picked Amanti over some other cars in its class.