2010 Kia Soul 2 1.6 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Good driving position, slightly harsh ride

None.

General Comments:

We were given a Soul as a courtesy car whilst our Picanto went in for a service. My wife asked for a 'small' car, and when she saw the Soul, got quite worried. For a vehicle in the mini-SUV category, this car looked huge. Once she started to drive, she quickly settled, and after that decided she wanted one - that was a year ago.

Now we have a MY10 Soul, the difference between this and MY11 Soul is the bluetooth for the phone, trip computer and a few other 'toys' now fitted as standard. We have a Soul 2 in White, which looks really nice.

I like the high driving position; the downside to this is the quite harsh ride, necessary to prevent body roll, but you get used to it. This apparently is worse on the 18" wheels.

The boot takes a week's shopping.

Usual things are as standard: automatic air-con, alloys (on 2 and above), decent radio with I-pod/aux input, front and rear fogs etc.

Too new to establish fuel economy, but at 3000 miles, no rattles, squeaks or problems.

Review Date: 28th November, 2010

9th Dec 2010, 19:26

Forgot to mention the safety aspects - 5 star NCAP rating, 8 airbags, ESAP, (stability control) EPS, fog lights all round, and the main lights are bright too, despite not being LED's.

1st Feb 2011, 16:51

Huge??? This car is actually quite small, 4 feet shorter than my car at least...

2010 Kia Soul AA Aut 1.6 from Colombia

Summary:

Great looks, nice ride

The car is too new to have problems, the only thing is I scratched it in the parking lot, but it was fixed very well. The repair was a little bit on the expensive side, for the size of the scratch.

General Comments:

The car is great, the driving position is like an SUV, you have a commanding position from there (I was used to driving only cars). My Kia Soul has 18 inch wheels, and the ride is a little bit hard, but is acceptable.

The nice thing of the suspension is when you drive on the corners, for its height the Kia Soul is great, the ESP controls the car wonderfully, and you can take fast corners.

The electronics inside are good, although in my country, bluetooth is not an option. iPod connectivity is nice, and the sound of the stereo is good.

The inside space is generous, you'll notice when you drive other cars, the steering wheel is soft and is designed to be more comfortable than to give feedback to the driver. The space in the trunk is OK, for long travels it's adequate for two people. Mine doesn't come with the floor organizer, and I think it's better.

My Kia Soul has 1.6L engine, and works adequately, but is not a sports car. With automatic transmission, its ride is very smooth. In mountain terrain it's good, but in rough surfaces, you will notice bumps.

Now the best part its style, the Kia Soul is very different, inside the dashboard is very clean and easy to use, with the 18 inch wheels looking very handsome, and it has a very sporty look.

Review Date: 7th October, 2010

2009 Kia Soul 2U 1.6 gasoline from Korea

Summary:

Good design car for a reasonable price

Nothing wrong, It was not very easy to choose the color. There are so many colors that suit this model. I choose the white with dragon tattoo on it. It seems really good.

General Comments:

Well... Kia have changed on their design, and driving quality is much better than a few years before.

First of all Soul has great look. Every one will turn around to look.

The car works very quietly. Drives very smooth.

Review Date: 7th November, 2009

20th Feb 2010, 06:07

I don't know why this has been included - it's not a review, it's someone telling us what colours they like...!

21st Apr 2010, 13:55

It looks like there is more than just the original poster telling what colours he likes. There is the mention of improved quality and that the Kia Soul drives nicely, so it does look like a review, though a short one.

I like the way the Kia Soul looks, and would consider one if I were in the market for a new vehicle. Kia has made real strides in quality in the past few years.