1976 Morris Mini 1000 998 from Australia and New Zealand

A bargain runabout

Blocked PCV

Blown clutch seal

Front suspension ball joints.

General Comments:

An old British car that although not quick (has Cooper head / extractors) corners like a train.

I am 6'4" and there is more room in the cabin than my previous car - Legacy GT.

Review Date: 3rd September, 2002

17th Sep 2002, 02:18

Do you find that it handles better than the subaru did? I had a 1979 mini 1000 recently, it handled good, but no power, mine was totally factory standard, does having the cooper head etc help with that? and the extractors?

5th Oct 2003, 08:12

There are no other car, Other than the classic mini to give you smiles per miles.. For the money paid, These little gems are road legal go-karts, Get a good one, And other than space, You`ll be laughing all day long, And growing little horns-every time you take a run out in the go-kart..Kev.

5th Mar 2004, 21:56

I until recently had a 998cc mini, and with limited budget was able to get it to run a whole lot better and handle even better.

All that I did was put a 1 1/2" SU carby on it, which set me back about $30 including the manifold.

A set of Hi-Lo's dropped the car by about 2 inches at the turn of a spanner, or back up when I wanted to be legal. Combined with a 3/4 race cam and there was oodles of power and would grip the road better than anything else I have seen, and even with a standard exhaust had a really nice exhaust note.

...now I just wish I didn't sell the car.

3rd Nov 2005, 23:25

I think these cars are awesome... but too small with WICKED headlights that are more blinding than a high ball. You have to be quick, because if you wait around the BIGGER cars will be an annoyance. It's not for a cool, calm, easygoing type that likes to travel a long distance. You can't drive cross-country inside of a rolling jet-potato. Not fun for long. I think it's time to stretch now

1967 Morris Mini Deluxe 1.1 from Australia and New Zealand

Top car

Head gasket.

Small oil leak.

General Comments:

Take in mind that it's an old car and things are bound to start going wrong. Parts are easily available.

This is a top car, there is nothing that I can really say that would go against this car at all.

Review Date: 22nd December, 2000

30th Nov 2004, 03:48

Hey mate, I've just got myself my very first mini after my dad and my brother both have had one so its in the blood. anyway it's a 67 deluxe and I think its one of the best minis ever produced. beautiful body and if the mods are right, even a 998 engine can give off an awesome tone. long live the mini!

Regards Rhys (18)