Nissan Titan Reviews - Page 2 of 4

2006 Nissan Titan SE from North America

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2006
Previous carGMC Sierra

Summary:

A Faithful Dog

Exhaust manifold cracked at 90,000 miles. Other than that, it's been extremely dependable.

General Comments:

Bought it new in 2006 and have driven it hard. I'm up to 170,000 miles with (I'm ashamed to say) minimal maintenance.

When I first purchased it, everyone warned me about having to replace brakes every 10,000 miles. Obviously they corrected the problem. I drive through landscape sites and nurseries, freeways and stop and go traffic, and it just keeps on rolling.

2 years ago I was hauling my boat up a very steep grade coming out of Baker Ca. with the truck bed loaded with ice chests, etc and 4 adults in the cab. We were passing cars left and right. We just started busting up. My GMC Sierra used to have a really hard time.

I never write reviews, but this truck has been a faithful friend. It runs like a locomotive. I'm going to retire it in December in favor of something more comfortable (Infiniti FX35), but I'm keeping the truck. If you don't mind a stiff ride and low gas mileage, this truck is a keeper.

Review Date: 16th August, 2009

2006 Nissan Titan from North America

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2006
First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission Don't Know
Previous carNissan Titan

Summary:

The best and only truck I will buy

Have had no problems whatsoever with either of my Titans.

General Comments:

I don't know why people say that the Titans are crap. I know mechanics that only tell me to buy Nissan because Ford, Chevy and Dodge are junk, and really I do not hardly ever see a Titan in a shop getting fixed. And Nissan seemed to fix the 04 and 05 problems. Both of mine have been 06 and not a problem.

All I know is my Titan can tow, and it rides smoother than any other truck I've been in.

Review Date: 28th June, 2009

2005 Nissan Titan Base Model 5.6L from North America

Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission 5.6L Automatic
Previous carMitsubishi Mighty Max

Summary:

Excellent quality vehicle

After 10K miles the front brake rotors warped. Evidently this was a known issue and the dealer fixed it under warranty. They also extended the warranty on the brakes for 3 years. Nice..

General Comments:

I use this truck as a work truck. It has an aluminum shell with ladder rack on the back. It is the base model of the quad cab design.

As others have mentioned, the inside is cavernous, I cannot believe the room it has especially in the rear.

Power is more than adequate and handling is nice as well.

Normally I don't like large vehicles like this, which is my only gripe, but I needed the room to carry more tools (I was driving a company Tacoma).

After the brakes were fixed, I have never had another problem with it.

I own a Nissan Quest as well, and both vehicles have been typical Japanese autos, meaning extremely reliable. If you need a good reliable truck with power to haul your stuff, you cannot go wrong with this one.

Review Date: 13th April, 2009

2008 Nissan Titan XE 5.6 from North America

Model year2008
Year of manufacture2007

Summary:

Great truck at the right price!

Not a single thing has gone wrong with the truck.

General Comments:

I bought this truck in Nov of 2007. The dealership was no b.s. and the truck on the Internet ad was the truck on the lot. For about $300 I upgraded the wheels, 6 disc changer with input, floor mats and a few little trinkets. Not a bad deal. So far I have been more than impressed with the truck.

Now the mileage is abysmal, but it says so right on the sticker, and trust me, it's pretty much dead on. The sticker states 12/17, and so far I average 13-14 combined and 17.5 on the highway maximum. No shocker there.

The truck is very comfortable and roomy, and you have to love the full open rear doors (King cab). Talk about access!

It comes stock with a steel drive shaft, transmission cooler, skid plates, manual override on the shifter (which it's AWESOME to be able to select which gear you want to tow in - you guys who tow know what I'm talking about), and other goodies you don't usually find on base model trucks. And who can argue with 318 HP and 385 ft lbs tq. which makes this truck fast, fast, fast!

I installed my own tow equipment, but it is all plug and play - no splicing, cutting or cussing! I recently towed about 6000-7000lbs 100 miles with no brakes on the trailer, and the truck did incredible. The larger brakes on the 08's really shine when it comes to stopping a load, and she just chugged up the hills like nothing, staying between 2000 and 3000 RPM's between 60 and 70 mph.

Nissan did it right with this truck. The only possible downfall is the 2.93 geared rear end, which in OD can sometimes cause the truck to hunt gears - not often just in hilly terrain. Just pull it into 4th and keep going. So far driving in 4th has not affected my mileage at all. The transmission is very low geared, which makes up somewhat for the high geared rear end. Not sure why Nissan thought that was a good idea, but it seems to work.

Previous years had problems with rear end seals leaking and brakes warping, but it all seems to have been fixed in 08.

Another problem is the gas gauge. It's not the most accurate. When the handle clicks "full" and shuts off, another 2+ gallons can easily be put in, and when getting down under a 1/8 tank, you might want to find a place to pull over and get gas. The computer will say xx miles to empty, but I usually find on "E" I can only fill up with 22 gallons into a 28 gallon tank. The gauge is not a deal breaker, but on long trips can be an annoyance.

If you shop around a bit and don't insist on bells and whistles, you can easily drive one of these BRAND NEW trucks home for less than $18k. I did!

Review Date: 10th June, 2008