2007 Nissan Titan SE King Cab 5.6L gas from North America

Summary:

I'd buy another in a heartbeat

Nothing has gone wrong at all. One recall related to cooling fan wiring. Taken care of quickly by my dealer.

General Comments:

Very pleased with the truck and the dealer. I bought it to replace a 06 Pathfinder because I needed the towing capacity.

It doesn't ride like a truck, yet is very sure footed. Has 4WD of course.

It's very quick for a vehicle this size and weight and fun to drive.

Like all Nissan's the engine is a work of art. The seating is comfortable and seems to be wearing well. Stereo is very good and the truck is quiet on the road.

The dealer I bought from is excellent. We have two Nissans and our experience has been positive on both.

Review Date: 27th October, 2007

2006 Nissan Titan SE V8 from North America

Summary:

Best truck in its class at debut

Cd changer stopped working after about a month and was promptly fixed at no charge by the dealer.

General Comments:

I am in love with this truck. It drives and handles very well on the street.

People are constantly surprised at the power and speed of the truck.

I've driven several 8+ hr trips with no problems with comfort.

There is a lot of interior space, comfortable seats, a good stereo(Rockford Fosgate with Sirius radio)

Off-road the Titan performs amazingly with the 4x4 off-road package. Including an electronic locking rear differential, 33" tires, rancho shocks and a lower gear ratio.

My only complaint is the gas mileage, or lack of.

Review Date: 21st June, 2007

2004 Nissan Titan 4x4 SE Crew Cab 5.6L V8 from North America

Summary:

Great full-size for the money

Front brakes were replaced on recall.

Cup holder rubber was coming off.

Several minor rattles and squeaks.

General Comments:

I've owned a lot of trucks and this one is pretty much a complete package. Great towing capacity, 4wd works great, reasonable highway gas mileage for such a big vehicle, power out the wazoo. This is my 3rd Nissan truck I've owned from new and I'd buy another one.

I wouldn't rate reliability as high as a Frontier, which I owned the first year they came out and it was a great truck. But I have had nothing major go wrong with the truck other than the brakes. Little squeaks and rattles are somewhat annoying at times.

The local Nissan dealers suck - I'm not sure what other areas are like, but that would be the lowest rating I'd give for the truck.

All in all I'd buy it again.

Review Date: 19th April, 2007

6th Mar 2008, 13:32

This was my original review on the Titan. My lease expired this past January, so some final thoughts:

1. The drivetrain on this vehicle is a wonder to behold, especially in a truck. The engine is ridiculously powerful and the transmission is not only silky smooth, it never hunts for proper gear.

2. Rear axles appear to be a problem for some owners. I could begin to hear a whine at 72k miles that sounded like it might be rear axle gear whine, but never found out for sure since I turned the vehicle in at end of lease.

3. Front axle seal was beginning to leak at the driveshaft. Not a serious leak, but an annoying drip.

4. Seat foam on driver's seat seemed to be getting a little weak after 72k miles. I weigh 225lbs (5'10"), which is not light, but it's not crazy huge either.

All in all I'd definitely buy this truck again. But probably not an '04, probably an 06' or newer.

6th Nov 2010, 17:51

I have a 2004 Titan, and I'm NOT HAPPY with it. I'll give you a taste of what I'm going through:

1- Replaced the rear end once.

2- The tailpipe has fallen off twice.

3- Replaced axle seals in the rear twice.

4- Brake pedal would lose pressure under hard stopping.

5- Transfer case is leaking.

6- Pinion seals are leaking.

7- Doors hold water, and water leaks into cab.

8- Fuel pump has been replaced 4 times due to the gauge. Still does not work properly. Gave up on that one; when it reads empty, I still have 8 gallons in the tank...

The truck only has 74000 miles on it. NOT HAPPY!!!

29th Dec 2010, 22:46

OK, I wrote this original review. Just wanted to post that I like the truck enough, that I recently bought another 04 used, with 65k miles. I will drive it for a little while, and then add another review on this site, but so far I've put about 2k miles on it without any issues.

31st Oct 2013, 21:20

Ok, I'm back! This is my thread. Since that last post I've put a ton more miles on my 2004 Titan. I've put about 50k miles on it since I bought it, and it has been great. I've put a set of brakes on it, and a set of tires, and that's it.

It's got a couple of minor interior rattles, but otherwise has been solid.