2013 Nissan Versa Reviews - Page 2 of 2

Year of manufacture2013
First year of ownership2013
Most recent year of ownership2013
Previous carHonda Odyssey

Summary:

Extreme value

Absolutely nothing.

General Comments:

Finest car to be introduced in the low priced field.

Or so starts the 1960 commercial for a recently revived car name, and in my opinion this is THAT car for the 21st Century. As many others have said, don't believe the "professional" reviewers, this car provides adequate styling, power, handling, and standard features, making the Versa an outstanding value on its own, but we haven't even mentioned the roominess, the ridiculous reliability, and the huge trunk all wrapped up in a 40 MPG compact car.

It's not a neck jerking sports car, nor a couch on wheels, and reviewers should not consider it as such.

I've had this car for three months now, and I do believe the Versa is the best car, dollar per dollar, on the market at this time.

Review Date: 5th May, 2013

6th May 2013, 06:28

Yes, the ridiculous reliability... after only 3000 miles.

15th May 2013, 20:43

Yep. It's definitely far too early to determine the car's reliability with such low mileage.

19th May 2013, 13:50

It's true, I am using my research to report the reliability, but look around other forums and you don't see any common complaints like you do with other cars. I will add comments, good or bad, as time goes on, so we'll see.

31st May 2013, 21:30

I agree the auto critics are too hard on this car. It's because cars in its class like the Rio, Accent, and Sonic have all improved so much. Their driving dynamics are better than the Versa, and they don't cost much more. The Versa's value is lost unless you get the absolute bare bones model with no options whatsoever.

Also, used cars may be a better option than a new Versa if you want a Nissan. You could probably get a two or three year old Sentra for less than a new Versa.

22nd Oct 2013, 12:36

I now have 12,000 miles and have had no problems, not even a rattle. I do have a heavy foot and still manage an average of 35 MPG. Must say I am still very happy with my purchase.

12th Apr 2014, 15:05

I now have 21000 miles on this little car and have had absolutely no problems with it. Just completed a 2500 mile round trip to Fla and must admit I liked driving my Versa better than our Honda Odyssey or Mazda 5. Even though they both have cruise, they also shift out of over drive at the slightest little incline, whereas the Versa is ruining at 3500 RPM, putting it more into its power range, meaning it chugs up hills like nothing flat. All while getting 39 MPG at 75 miles per hour.