1977 Pontiac Catalina 301cid V8 from North America

Summary:

A great car for Pontiac lovers.

My engine gave out on me just under 300,000 miles.

The top of the back seat has started to wear down over the years from sun and water.

The vinyl top had to be replaced a third time. Due to time weather and age.

I had the transmission rebuild right after 200,000 miles.

General Comments:

I love this car it handles like a dream and has never let me down.

I will always cherish this car.

When I was in High School people with ther fancy new cars would always try to race. Then get all upset when I would leave them in the dust.

The cabin is very roomy and the seats are like big comfertable couches.

Review Date: 14th May, 2003

16th Jan 2006, 18:21

I think your right hey I'm only 13 and I'm selling my 1980 volare to buy a 77 catalina, thanks 4 the tips.

1977 Pontiac Catalina 5.7L 350 Horsepower from North America

Summary:

The car glides like a superior luxury cruiser

There was a clog in the air conditioner line. The condensate from the air conditioner drained inside of the car instead of outside of the car. The mechanic cleaned it out in a matter of minutes no charge.

I had to replace the hoses in the car just because they were old. It cost approximately $300.

The carburetor had to be rebuilt. The cost was approximately $200.

The fuel pump was replaced. My Dad's best friend repaired for almost nothing.

The starter was replaced. My Dad replaced the starter. No charge.

General Comments:

I drive the car for pleasure on Sundays. Most people with new cars challenge its speed and ability. The drivers are usually angry and shocked that this old bucket of bolts out performs their new beauty.

The car belonged to my grandfather. I think he would be pleased to see that it still runs like a dream.

Review Date: 6th October, 2002

1977 Pontiac Catalina from North America

Summary:

A very fast reliable car

Nothing has gone wrong with this car! It could use a new starter, but other than that, the only thing that is wrong with it is its accelerator pump. Even with that it is the best car I've ever had.

It could use a new paint job, also.

General Comments:

This is a pretty quick car. It's got a 400 V8, but doesn't look like it because it's smaller than most 400's.

There is no dome light. There wasn't one when I bought it and I never bothered putting one in.

Review Date: 31st October, 2001

1977 Pontiac Catalina 301 c.i. from North America

Summary:

Classic cruiser

Water pump went at 65000 miles. Spent 40$ on used front and rear seats from a scrap yard. Replaced muffler, tires and brakes.

General Comments:

It's a big ugly car. I really enjoy driving it. It handles very well and has gobs of power.

Review Date: 21st May, 2001

31st Oct 2001, 10:16

I've got a Catalina just like yours, but it has a 400. It's a pretty phat car! I know how you feel.

29th Jan 2003, 00:42

Will a 67 gas tank fit a 68?

1977 Pontiac Catalina 350 c.i.d. (5.7L) from North America

Summary:

The most dependable thing you'll ever come across

Carburettor.

Timing belt.

General Comments:

Extremely reliable and a real blast to drive. I really miss it.

One helpful hint - if the transmission starts slipping get it fixed. I blew the engine because I didn't get it seen to soon enough - MY FAULT!

Review Date: 27th October, 2000