Porsche Cayenne Reviews - Page 2 of 5

Model year2004
Year of manufacture2004
Engine and transmission 8 cylinder Automatic
Previous carBMW 3 Series

Summary:

I hate it. Porsche Cayenne = Constant headache

Standard wear and tear... however to the extreme. I have never squealed the tires and have rotated every 5000... but this thing chews through tires and brakes.

The non wear and tear items include a broken wiper support bar, multiple adjustments to the headlight adjustment system, multiple lights being burnt out, latch for rear door broken.

General Comments:

I absolutely hate this vehicle. I picked it up and was excited about having it. The vehicle does perform nicely... much like a car... however the constant things going wrong combined with the arrogance of the dealer has completely ruined the experience of owning a Porsche.

Review Date: 19th November, 2009

20th Jul 2010, 18:36

Hi. I bought a 2004 Cayenne S new off the lot. I have enjoyed the car and attest to its durability. I have two boys and dogs who like to put the interior to the test. No complaints. I now have 80,000 miles on my vehicle and have only had to take it in for routine maintenance. I would recommend the car to anyone, and plan to have my oldest son take it over when he gets his license.

3rd Aug 2013, 13:16

I purchased a 2004 Cayenne S used with 140,000 km. I drove the car for 3 years from -40C to 20C; never had an issue. I did have summer and winter tires, but just switched them out on the same rims.

I just had to comment because so many of these are negative. I put this car through 180km a day of gravel roads and mud in the spring, that some 4x4 pickups would get stuck in, and icy roads. I thought it handled amazing, especially cornering at high speeds.

The car had over 240,000km when I collided with a deer. The headlight, bumper, and hood latch were damaged and the insurance company decided to write it off.

For those of you who think the money is all for the Porsche name, you could not be more wrong. This is such an impressive car, I would live in cardboard box before I'd give up driving a Porsche.

2008 Porsche Cayenne GTS 4.8 liter V8 from North America

Model year2008
Year of manufacture2008
Engine and transmission 4.8 liter V8 Manual
Previous carPorsche Cayenne

Summary:

Buy 911s, not Cayennes

My brand new Porsche Cayenne GTS.

- The clutch has gone at 12,000 miles.

- The car had no warning lights before the clutch went.

- The passenger side air bag warning light has been on for 3 months.

My 2005 Porsche Cayenne.

- The entire Radio/Audio/Navigation panel would freeze and simply stop working.

- The leather seats were worn after one year in the rear bench.

General Comments:

Although the 2008 GTS has been a very nice ride, it is unacceptable that the clutch has gone in such a short time. I have been driving a clutch since I was 20 and all of my cars have been manual. This is the first clutch problem that I have ever had. I was asked to pay out of pocket because they cited driver wear.

The electrical problem, however, is just like my previous Cayenne, starting for no reason and without any solution from the dealer. The car has been in the shop for 7 weeks now, and they have only just now delivered a loaner car until they fix mine.

The 2005 Cayenne had electrical problems from the first winter. The audio would just stop working for no reason. This happened for 3 years, and every attempt to fix it wouldn't do any good. I took to driving around with a Magellan Navigator in the drink cup holder, after paying $60,000 for a luxury SUV with a Nav System built in! It took them 3 years to agree to replace the entire system, which now works. Why I bought another car from these idiots, I'll never know...

Review Date: 13th August, 2009

12th Nov 2009, 12:17

"Why I bought another car from these idiots, I'll never know..."

..and neither will the rest of us. Seems like a lot of money wasted on a car that sits in the shop... or two cars in your case. Try a different brand already. Obviously you have the means to drive pretty much anything out there. Make a better choice and move on.

13th Sep 2012, 16:06

Not sure how they cited "driver's wear" at 12,000 miles unless you used the car for track racing purposes, which more than likely is probably not the case, or else you would have gotten the 911.

It's typical though that they try any and every way to dodge paying for repairs that are supposed to be covered. If you think life insurance people are more crooked than a barrel of snakes, try warranty people. "Oh see that grocery cart ding? That is considered an accident, so we can't cover the Navigation system repair. Sorry."

26th Feb 2013, 19:13

Like the reviewer, I have driven manual cars for much of my life. I would like to point out that for every car I have ever owned, the clutch was not covered by warranty. It is considered a consumable, like brakes.

In all my years of driving manual, I never had to replace a clutch. Throw-out bearing, but not the clutch.