2007 Renault Master LH3 2.5 dCi 150 turbo diesel from Sweden

Summary:

Love and hate it

Gearbox broke at turn of warranty. A new one cost nearly £4000, and took 2 months to arrive.

This one went kaput after 6 weeks, replaced on warranty this time.

Particle filter replaced.

Engine and economy are very good.

Fed up with Christmas lights on the dashboard.

General Comments:

Quick and reliable engine.

Economical.

But has cost me too much money.

Review Date: 19th September, 2011

28th Feb 2015, 03:12

Renault Master 150 LM 2007.

THE VERY BEST VAN I EVER DREAMED OF!

Great economy, goes like the wind, low floor = easy loading. The seats look rubbish, but I can do a 12 or 14 hour day sat there with zero aches, pains, total comfort.

The ride is smooth and good, the engine is quiet and smooth, and it's GREAT to drive.

Reliability is almost excellent, other than a diaphragm in the clutch leaked, which meant a new clutch twice in 4.5 years.

No, I would NOT buy another. MINE IS ACE! One sad day I may need another. I hope that day is far away.

Just cleared a genuine 240,000 miles, flies thru MoTs, no work, no advisories!

As smooth as my Beemer all the way to a ton, + 10 where wind speeds vary on each side, requiring full concentration to maintain a steady road curve at high speed.

This is a large commercial vehicle remember. What an amazing thing to own and drive hour after hour. The engine just pulls and pulls, up hill, empty or full load, just the same almost. This Beemer man loves my big van! (never was a Renault fan until I bought this van) I thought long and hard before I bought it, but I'm VERY GLAD I DID!

Buy a good one, and check its service history with a Renault Trucks main dealer before you buy.

2005 Renault Master MM33 2.5 dCi 100 turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Safe van, packed with features, just not rugged enough

The van came with the steering components loose, and the van wandered all over the road until I took it in for inspection.

Drivers window winder failed.

Passenger window winder failed.

Have had three replacement parking sensors.

Radio antenna broke off.

Sliding door electric contacts corrode when it rains.

Rear doors seized up/very stiff to open.

Have to slam driver's door to make it shut.

Have to slam sliding door to make it shut.

Have had new clutch master cylinder already.

Clutch has juddered since new.

Handbrake failure is most recent fault.

General Comments:

IMHO, the faults I have had show very poor build quality.

However, the van always returns between 30 - 32mpg.

It has never failed to start, and is reliable this way.

The cruise control is the best thing on this van, and makes you less tired.

The aircon is very good too, and has not failed yet.

Rear tyres hardly wear down, but front ones do much quicker.

Review Date: 16th January, 2011

1998 Renault Master 2.5 diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Best van ever made

Replaced hand brake cables, new bearing in front wheel.

Great van, never let me down, never missed a beat.

It is a straight diesel, the best I think. You can keep all your fuel injection engines and turbos; nothing but trouble, and electrics, all the fancy extras, just buy a straight diesel van and it will go to the moon and back. I know lots of vans with over 300,000 on clock and still going great, and most you can work on yourself. I have never taken mine to the dealers, so there you go.

General Comments:

Great old van, and the engine is powerful enough to pull anything. My van is showing its age, but the engine is still strong.

Review Date: 19th April, 2010

2009 Renault Master DCI 120 LWB 2.5 diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

A good all round performer at a good price!

None whatsoever!

General Comments:

I was a little dubious about buying a Renault Master after clocking up 250,000 miles on my trusty Sprinter! But I am happy to say it has been a great decision so far, no complaints to be honest.

The drive is comfortable, smooth, positive and responsive even at low revs.

The gear box is a little loose, but smooth.

The mirrors provide great visibility, the steering is light and the turning circle pretty good.

I am getting about 28 mpg on average, which is pretty good as I'm a multidrop driver.

The only complaint there isn't a decent drinks holder in the cab, but I can cope that!

Well done Renault!