2004 Renault Master 120 2.5 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Van is good, customer service & attitude are bad

Excessive SHORT range of central locking (will not work even from rear of van, problem since new.)

Leaking gearbox.

Windscreen washer failure.

General Comments:

Dealer took 11 months, video evidence, and threats to return goods not fit. Also threats to contact the Watchdog consumer program before they took me seriously.

Previously told to get lost, and to stop wasting their time...

2.5 is under powered if regularly loaded.

3.0 next time.

Review Date: 27th November, 2005

12th Feb 2006, 16:01

We have the dci100 version and find it pulls well with nearly a ton of kit bolted to the floor in the back of the van.

We've had no problems at all after 18 months and 30,000 miles. Only really annoying thing is the remote central locking, I find it doesn't work from the back of the van also.

14th Mar 2006, 16:33

We have a 100hp and a 3.0 140 hp the first is under powered and the 3.0 is a 100 mph rocket, but loves diesel the computer onbord is recording 20 mpg, but is a hoot to drive. handling is great in whole it's a great CHEAP VAN.

26th Apr 2006, 17:52

I have a 2004 master dci100, I have only had a couple of problems which the dealer sorted very quickly, the first being the clutch pedal getting stuck down, and the second was the passenger electric window being slow to come up, both sorted by dealer.

I am glad I'm not the only one who's remote only seems to work at the front of the van!

16th May 2008, 01:29

I have a 54 plate master 100 dci van; it runs perfectly until clutch is depressed, then cuts out. It can be started in gear and driven. Are there any ideas to problem?

25th Jan 2011, 14:32

I have Renault Master 1.9. The clutch pedal keeps getting stuck. Is this the master cylinder or clutch itself?

2000 Renault Master T35 2.5 D from Finland

Summary:

Strong car

Seats worn out.

No audio system working.

General Comments:

It is a good vehicle for daily carrying works.1600 kg is a high payload for a 3500 Kg class. The engine is solid and economical, but noisy. The comfort is very good for this type of vehicle, but when unloaded the comfort decreases. Also the minibus is very comfortable. Worth the money.

Review Date: 18th October, 2005

2003 Renault Master T 35 2.5d from Netherlands

Summary:

Big small van!

I had to replace the air conditioning system and the central locking.

The horn only works when it feels like it.

General Comments:

Being a commercial vehicle, one can't expect too much comfort. Despite the payload being 1650 Kg, it really shifts. The performance is not very hot, but for a commercial vehicle is enough. I also like the fuel consumption, which is very low, as my company has 27 Renault Masters. Anyway, don't buy the version with Vauxhall/OPEL engine (2.8TDI). As you know the Master is similar to the Vauxhall/OPEL Movano. You'll have troubles. We had 3, and had them changed. The 2.5D is better.

Review Date: 14th August, 2005

2004 Renault Master 2.5 turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Not bad over all, just let down by the cheap build quality

The CD player packed in a week after taking delivery.

Pieces of the interior move or completely fall off at the slightest touch.

General Comments:

This van is the passenger version and has been adapted to accommodate a wheelchair user.

If anyone was wondering about the low mileage this is due to insurance purposes preventing all, but one of my mums care workers from driving it.

With it being the passenger version and not a “work horse” I would have expected the interior to be a bit higher quality.

It is surprisingly quiet for a diesel.

I am also quite happy with the way this vehicle looks.

Review Date: 13th August, 2005

2001 Renault Master 35T 2.8TDi from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Total Rubbish

Firstly temperature sensor failure, dealer was very good.

2nd fault, rear wheel bearing failure at about 40,000 miles. A different dealership changed the wrong bearing, destroyed the drive shaft and returned the van like that. I took it back, they had it for a week, they told so many lies I had to pay for an independent vehicle inspector to go in and get the truth.

Third fault, driver's seat welding broke, complaints fell on deaf ears.

Fourth fault, total gearbox failure at 86,000 miles, Renault warranty is 3 years or 60,000 miles, whichever the sooner, they refuse to do anything to help. The dealership (Mumfords at Plymouth) have been great, Renault themselves are totally without any sort of flexibility or customer goodwill.

General Comments:

I will never buy anything from Renault ever again.

Review Date: 8th July, 2004

23rd Aug 2005, 03:37

We run several Renault Master Vans that all have a problem with cutting out whilst going up hills. The dealers have no idea what is and do not seem bothered. We have replaced all the injectors and sensors at a cost of £2500 and it has improved the problem. We will not be buying Renault again - mainly due to our dealers ability and attitude.

1999 Renault Master LM35 2.8 turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

A fast reliable van backed up by reasonable running costs

At 96000 miles the gearbox failed. Even though it was covered by warranty, I was very disappointed. Full marks to Renault Trucks for dealing with the warranty co.

At 110000 wheel bearing replaced.

General Comments:

Overall I am happy with ownership, although that may have changed if I had to pay for the gearbox repair from my own pocket.

It is quick, although not the most economical when being pushed, and very comfortable.

Very surefooted, but suffers from a poor turning circle.

Renault Trucks Midlands really are know there stuff and are cheaper than regular Renault car dealers when it comes to maintenance.

Review Date: 3rd November, 2003

2000 Renault Master DTi 2.8 turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

My fingers were burned by this van!

My gearbox gave up on me at 80,000. Then I had it replaced.

My engine had to be rebuilt two weeks later.

My power steering rack became noisy and had to be replaced.

And soon afterwards the radiator sprang a leak!

General Comments:

I have always considered the Master to be a well built van, good looks and good resale value. I would never buy one again. After sale sevice was shocking and the service department have not a clue nor gave any confidence.

The cabin is quiet and well laid out. When the engine works it really shifts, drives like a car and more.

Review Date: 7th September, 2002

1st Aug 2005, 13:26

After 77000 miles four new injectors new fuel Solenoid valve new top dead centre sensor new key. Total cost £2000

Never Buy A Renault!!!