2008 Skoda Roomster 3 1.6 petrol from UK and Ireland
Unsatisfactory due to poor build quality
(1) Very bad knocking from front of car noticed when cold weather started: worse at low ambient temperature - steering rack replaced but problem persists; padding added to passenger airbag area - problem still persists - anti-roll bar bushes being replaced - I hope this works.
(2) Second steering rack failed due to bad internal oil seal - towed to dealer by Skoda Assist.
(3) Minor rattles/buzzing from interior trim (dashboard and front door panels) - these were also evident in the 4 Skoda Fabia courtesy cars I have had.
(4) Rear head rests started rattling (!) - this was due to a small plastic piece becoming detached inside the headrest.
(5) Clutch pipe became detached due to faulty clip.
(6) Exhaust/catalyst heat shield became detached, causing bad vibration on bodywork.
All of the above have occurred after only 2000 miles!
Problem (1) is the major issue and is still to be rectified - I have lost faith in the supplying dealer and have appointed another Skoda dealer to pursue the existing issues. I am considering formally rejecting the vehicle, should the first problem not be rectified.
I have asked for the Skoda Area Technical Manager to get involved.
Very poor build quality on this particular vehicle. Otherwise, it's a very good ergonomic design and quite economical.
Our new car enjoyment has been let down by the poor build quality. I cannot recommend the Skoda Roomster, and will never purchase another Skoda.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 30th December, 2008