2004 Suzuki Liana LX 1.6 petrol from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Great Family Vehicle

We brought this car brand new, so to date nothing has gone wrong.

General Comments:

The Liana is a all round family car that is very affordable. Compared to the prices you can pay for used cars, the price increase to new was minimal.

This car can carry a family of five nicely, and has plenty of room for its size.

The performance is average for a car of comparison, and it has a modern but conservative body shape.

Initially we were put off Suzuki because they were generally seen to be elderly folk cars, however with the new body shapes, the market may change.

I would recommend this vehicle to any family wanting value for money.

Review Date: 14th July, 2006

2006 Suzuki Liana LXi 1.3 Gasoline from Pakistan

Summary:

Great Value for money

Nothing has gone wrong with the car so far. I just had to get the doors adjusted as they were too tight.

General Comments:

The cabin is very spacious, quiet and comfortable for a car in this category.

Great acceleration and braking and very stable at high speeds.

ABS improves emergency braking substantially on slippery roads which is common in Pakistan.

Features like the Immobilizer, MP3 player and ABS and EBD make it great value for money along with great resale value and strong Suzuki authorized Dealer Network make it the obvious choice for a car in this category.

Review Date: 24th June, 2006

26th Sep 2006, 05:37

ABS and EBD in a car at this price are commendable safety features. I wonder why these are not specified in the options list for the CNG model?

14th Nov 2006, 22:10

CNG Version is now also available in LXI model so you can enjoy the benefit of the saftey systems as well.

3rd Jan 2007, 16:54

Really a great value for money. Good at CNG, brakes are also good.

1st Apr 2008, 15:04

No overheating man at all.

Everything is great...

30th Oct 2008, 01:10

I have Liana Lxi 2006 converted to CNG emulator and all. At times it gives a blowback and shuts down on Gas. It has to be started on petrol then converted to CNG.

14th Jan 2009, 00:11

I have a similar problem with my LXi converted to CNG. It has to be restarted on fuel.

28th Mar 2010, 14:55

I am searching for a sedan of 2007 or 08 model. How can I select the right one, Liana or City.

2006 Suzuki Liana RXi - CNG 1.3 EFI DOHC from Pakistan

Summary:

Pieces of Mind and not at all Piece of Mind

Right after I took the car from dealer to Home:

The Steering starts shaking when car goes above 50.

The CD Player is not working.

Sounds in right front tyre when I turn right while reversing.

The Car cabin digital thermometer is not working.

General Comments:

The Pakistani build LIANA is crap and if you plan to buy one, be ready to take to dealers for at least a month before the car is running properly.

I think the car is sold for testing in live environment to the customer and is not tested for quality wise by the manufacturers.

Review Date: 6th June, 2006

8th Jul 2006, 07:28

I think it is a great car for the money spent. The elegant look, the spacious interior, the luxuries, the safety features and the smooth engine-well integrated with CNG is a blended package of the MOST in the LEAST price. I would say it is a commendable product of Suzuki Pakistan. Keep it up Suzuki Motors.

2004 Suzuki Liana 1.3 petrol from UK and Ireland

Summary:

The Liana is reliable, well made and kitted out, but its Achilles heel of poor ride really let down

I have had the Liana for 8 months now and nothing has gone wrong with it, thankfully.

General Comments:

It is a great size and design for a 5 seater hatch.

Its generously equipped even if being the basic model here it lacks airconditioning.

However the suspension leaves a lot to be desired being as bumpy as a forklift - does it actually have any springing?

Review Date: 7th February, 2005

2003 Suzuki Liana 1.6L from Qatar

Summary:

Good pace, good place

Interior lamp burned out.

Front brake rotors got warped during a emergency stop from 130km/hr.

Nothing else.

General Comments:

Good solid car. Wide view out front. Nice high seating position means good comfort and view.

Handling is better than most cars at this price level.

Power is decent, but low end torque is weak when the AC is on.

Brakes are OK, but not exceptional.

Digital instruments are very clear and easy to see at night, but not so good on bright daylight hours.

Engine is pretty noisy, but not beyond the point of comfort.

Transmission shifts smoothly and promptly.

Wind noise is louder than most cars I have been in.

AC is OK, but not as good as Nissan or Toyota units.

It gets about 9km/L of fuel which is good, but worse than a Civic or a Sunny.

Review Date: 18th March, 2004

25th Mar 2004, 12:17

My Liana/Aerio uses 7,5 l/100 km (after 8000 km) and the consumption will probably reduce 5 to 10 % after 10000 km. I like to drive fast but also try to keep a steady speed most of the time.

The only faults I have experienced is rattle from the glove compartment in cold weather (fixed by myself), rattle from the front passenger door and a minor rattle from the rear (only when cournering with a heavy load).

23rd May 2004, 20:04

My liana gets around 6L/100km, I have the 1.6L engine..

14th Nov 2004, 04:51

Liana is a "Achla" car/ which means Very good car! and not v.expensive.

22nd Aug 2010, 06:21

Looking for Suzuki Liana 1.6 (m) complete engine. Please help, where I can buy one?