2010 Toyota Matrix Reviews

Year of manufacture2010
First year of ownership2013
Most recent year of ownership2014
Previous carNissan Sentra

Summary:

Solidly reliable

Dash lights went out - for the aircon panel, fans, due to a faulty bulb, replaced by the dealer for free during an oil change.

Window trim was coming loose on the exterior at 40000 km, but just fixed with some superglue.

General Comments:

This is a very reliable ride; it is used by either my wife or myself to commute daily.

The ride is quite stiff, and on our pothole ridden Canadian roads, it can be quite an experience. Also the seats do not help as they are not very comfortable on long drives; I usually insert a small cushion for more comfort.

At high speeds, the car becomes noisy, from the wind.

I reached speeds of 150kph or around 93mph on the highway with no problem, and the engine purring nicely. This was to overtake trucks going quite fast in Toronto.

It has brought us on long drives - 8 hours to Niagara Falls, several 7 hour trips out of state, and short hops of 2-3 hours in neighbor states without any problems.

Lots of cargo space at the back, more than a Nissan Versa hatch, when I put both cars side by side to compare trunk space with my friend's Versa.

I like this car, although it is a bit boring, and with recent gas prices, it makes me happy about the decision to buy this car.

Review Date: 24th April, 2014

2010 Toyota Matrix Base 1.8 from North America

Year of manufacture2010
First year of ownership2010
Most recent year of ownership2014
Engine and transmission 1.8
Previous carToyota Camry

Summary:

Mini-minivan

None

General Comments:

One of the most reliable cars that I have ever owned. This car is not fun to drive, and fuel economy is not as good as other similar compact cars. Yet its cargo space is excellent. I've been able to get a sofa, dinner table and bed frame into the Matrix.

The Matrix is the best fit for a person who wants basic reliable transportation with high cargo capacity.

Review Date: 23rd January, 2014