1992 Toyota Paseo Reviews - Page 13 of 13

First year of ownership1992
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission Manual
Previous carVolkswagen Rabbit

Summary:

Great car for singles

The car seemed to be a little louder than usual. I was away and didn't need the car for a few weeks so I dropped it off at a dealer where I was vacationing. The dealer replaced the entire exhaust system from the headers to the tail, apologized extensively that they didn't have the part on hand (offered a loaner car), and covered it under warranty (I thought I was past the warranty).

Also, the A/C has died and I have been unable to get it repaired due to lack of availability (location).

General Comments:

Fantastic car if you aren't 6 feet tall and for only two people. The back seat is only good for small children (who can get in and out themselves).

With a small engine, however, performance suffers with the more weight that is added. The trunk is small as well.

Reliability and overall performance are great. At 96K miles I know I can jump into the car at any time and drive ANYWHERE I need to go. I have preventative maintenance performed on it and it has never left me stranded.

Review Date: 26th August, 2001

4th Jul 2003, 03:26

I'm 6'2" about 225lbs (pretty small) I fit with no trouble at all in my 95 paseo. The car is converted to a two-seater so I don't have to worry about space in the back seats of that car. If I'm by myself I would take this car, but if anyone else comes with I take one of my other cars. I don't want them to know how fun it is to drive, after all the changes I did to it.

1992 Toyota Paseo 2 door coupe 1.5 liter from North America

Year of manufacture1992
First year of ownership1999
Most recent year of ownership2000
Engine and transmission 1.5 liter Manual
Most recent distance12000 miles
Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

Little piece of crap

I had to change the clutch, clutch master cylinder, water pump, radiator, lots of different seals and gaskets, and this list can go on and on.

General Comments:

The car picks up speed pretty quick.. but in general lacks performance..

Since I bought it I have had to change just about everything except engine.. the car is not reliable at all.. handling is not good either.. I would never buy a Paseo again..

Review Date: 23rd August, 2001

18th Dec 2002, 13:03

My Paseo is very dependable and I have never had any problems with mine. I have had to put $2500 under the hood right after I bought it. And had to replace my moder mounts, but nothing too serious. You just treat your car like crap and don't take car of it.