Toyota Sequoia Reviews - Page 6 of 10

Model year2001
Year of manufacture2001
Engine and transmission V8 Automatic
Most recent distance52000 miles

I have owned a Toyota Sequoia limted for 4 years and am encountering the same problem for the fourth year in a row. The rear axle seal has failed once again after being in the shop just 6 months ago. It is difficult to detect until you see the axle grease begin to appear on the wheel rims and since I keep the car immaculate it is quite obvious. But this time I was shocked to find that the vehicle failed the annual state inspection after the shop noticed the leakage while the car was up on the lift, not me. They told me the problem and I immediately knew what it was. The dealer had said in March of this year, the last time it was in for replacing the rear axle seals, that this last fix would definitely and permanently fix the problem. Well, this will be the fourth time in to fix a problem that was supposedly fixed only 6 months and 2000 miles ago.

Review Date: 9th September, 2005

20th Nov 2006, 10:36

I have a 2002 Toyota Sequoia that seems to have the same problem with the drivers side rear axle seal. I purchased the vehicle 18 months ago and will be taking it to the dealer for the fourth time tomorrow. Luckily, it was still under warranty when they fixed it the first time. Other than this issue my wife loves the car.

2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited V8 from North America

Model year2001
Year of manufacture2001
Engine and transmission V8 Don't Know
Previous carNissan Maxima

Summary:

Bad Purchase for the money

I purchased my 2001 Toyota Sequoia in Jan 2003. Since the purchase I have had the compressor replaced 2 times. The part is continuously on back order and the 1st occurrence left my SUV at the dealer for 3 weeks. It is currently at the dealer because of the compressor. The same issue 2 summers in a row. I feel that I paid far too much money for this SUV to be on 1st name basis with the service department. I will never buy another Toyota again.

Review Date: 9th August, 2005

9th Aug 2005, 20:07

Toyota quality is way overblown and I found the parts availability to be a joke. Any parts I ever needed were not in stock and took a week for them to get shipped to the dealer. No more Toyota's for me either.

2003 Toyota Sequoia LE 4.7 from North America

Model year2003
Year of manufacture2003
Previous carToyota Sequoia

Summary:

The whole family loves this Sequoia

Front brake pads worn out under 15,000 miles. Leather wrapped steering wheel started to deteriorate around 40,000 miles. Floor jack seized after first time of use.

General Comments:

Brake pads were replaced from an auto store. Changed these new brake pads at 46,000. They lasted more than triple, plus they were free since the auto store gives them with lifetime warranty.

The leather-wrapped steering wheel not a big issue and the floor jack was replaced by Toyota. Over all this is a very good vehicle. I've owned domestic cars from the three automakers and was not happy with them. Hope this info. will help you be wise and do a review before you buy a vehicle. Take in to account depreciation value, cost of ownership, and quality.

Review Date: 21st July, 2005

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited Edition from North America

Model year2002
Year of manufacture2002
Previous carChevrolet Suburban

Summary:

A shamefully dishonest product

Numerous problems with this overpriced SUV. Brakes have been a continual problem and dealer service failed to notify us about well documented issues with rotors. Now at 40,000 miles we have been fighting with corporate Toyota and dealer service to pay some or all of the replacment expense.

Similar problem with A/C compressor. It has seized and will cost $2,000. More fighting with Toyota occurring.

Fold down middle seats have never worked properly as piece of plastic has broken.

Other minor issues with windows and weather stipping.

General Comments:

A nice car to drive, but the issues and price dwarf the expense and positives.

I want out of my lease - today!

Review Date: 12th May, 2005

18th Dec 2005, 01:48

It seems that every big SUV review has one or two bad reviews about the braking system. My question is, do you think it could be the owners fault. Maybe they drive to fast and then that is causing them to brake too hard. Causing the brakes to fail.

I see it all too often.