1991 Renault 19 16v 1.8i petrol from UK and Ireland
Bargain hot hatch... well worth a look!
- Clutch cable snapped (had the 'new style' pedal fitted and a new cable).
- Electrical problem - when you wind down the driver's window the lights come on (dodgy earth I think).
- Coolant was leaking and cost loads to fix.
- Core plug went and coolant was gushing into the plug wells.
- Bonnet vent, boot and aerial leaked - put silicone around the ignition leads, aerial and boot surround and it has cured the problem.
- New discs and pads on the front and two new tyres.
- Now it seems a wheel bearing has gone :(
I love this car, although it costs so much to maintain... it is worth every penny...
The car has the following modifications:
- Lowered about 25mm.
- Chipped (limiter increased to 7600rpm).
- Pipercross induction kit.
- Full Stainless (Mongoose) exhaust system fitted (with de-cat pipe).
It goes like a rocket, looks nice, has all electrics and the favourable leather seats...
If you are going to buy one, make sure you get it HPi checked and checked by the AA/RAC first.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 20th December, 2000