1994 Alfa Romeo 33 Quadrifoglio 1.7 16v
The best car ever! Cheap and fast - Too fast =)
I bought it from a cheapskate, who wouldn't spend a dime on the car, except for the outside so...
* Brake discs had to be changed
* Clutch was about to pass away, so I changed it
* Tires were almost 8 years old (this crazy guy). I placed 4 Dunlop tyres on it, and they run excellent
* Troubles with the cooling system. When on a freeway, the temp went down. I changed the thermostat
* Gear box was running with little oil, + the last owner gave the gearbox a very hard time. It was impossible to change to second gear without hearing the "gear box braking" noise.
Although I had to pay lots to put the car back on the road, the car is a great peace of machinery, and is very good looking. The lines are awesome!
It has a 1.7 16v Boxer engine that has incomparable acceleration (less than 8 sec 0-100 km/h). This car weighs 1 MT.
With a top speed of almost 220 km/h, you can let go of the wheel and the car keeps going straight because of the great sport suspension.
The gears have an excellent top speeds, leaving more than one jack ass behind.
1st - 60 Km/h
2nd - 105 Km/h
3rd - 140 Km/h
4th - 195 Km/h
5th - 220 Km/h.
The handling is one of the best I ever driven (I had lots of cars). It feels like you are in a kart; however on bumpy roads, the suspension doesn't help, because it's too sporty. I don t complain, I just avoid bumpy roads.
The braking system has 4 discs and ABS, what else do you need? (It was built in 94!!)
The inside of the car is not luxurious, but you have all that you need.
* Sport leather seats with an excellent driving position
* 4 doors with space for 5 people
* Good glove compartment
* Sun roof
* Leather wheel
* Electric windows (front)
Once you hear the boxer engine sound (+3500 RPM) you'll know what I'm talking about.
You'll have lots of stupid people who will say "Don't buy an Alfa". My advise is, get it from a old man or a guy who takes good care of it.
Don't expect a car that wasn't pushed to the limit, Alfas are built for that. The important thing is that you make the right things to the car in other to keep it up.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 1st December, 2007