1993 Citroen AX GTi 1.4 petrol
A cheap fun car with really good performance and bad reliability
1. Brake discs and pads at 35,000km.
2. Several repairs of the engine wiring harness - intermittent fault in all cases - really a long time was necessary for troubleshooting - some cables were found to be corroded internally.
3. Engine air intake temperature sensor faulty.
4. Engine coolant temperature sensor faulty - delivers signal to the engine control unit.
5. 2nd engine coolant temperature sensor faulty - delivers signal to the coolant temperature indicator in the instrument panel.
6. Cylinder head gasket and valve stem oil seals replaced - now the engine has no oil consumption.
7. Cooling hose between the radiator and thermostat housing damaged - marten??
8. Seized front brake calliper.
9. New bulbs in the instrument panel.
The list of things that have gone wrong is really long and spare parts are too expensive, but most repairs and servicing I made myself - that prevents me becoming poor.
A really funny car - it allows you to drive like a go-kart.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 14th November, 2000