I like it, hope to love it
I bought this car with only 38.000km with two years full warranty.
It's way too early to say anything about it: nothing wrong happened yet, and I hope it stays that way. I'll post some additional information when something "interesting" happens. I'm very curious about it's durability.
In comparison with the older bricks:
- They still have the amazing seats, I have never encountered seats this good (and this good-looking for that matter) ;
- The automatic gearbox is smooth (when warmed up) and yet responsive (i didn't like the vague shifting from the 2001 BMW 5-series, the 2001 Lexus GS300 and the 2004 Honda Accord I was looking at). So it's a great and luxurious drive, that's what convinced me to buy this car;
- Great torque and a fair gas mileage: between 8,5l and 10,5l/100 km of petrol, depending on how and where you drive... and I plan to convert it to run on LPG;
- The integrated child seats in the back are an excellent idea;
- As you should find in a Volvo-estate: loads of space.
- 200 bhp on the front wheels, not an ideal combination... but I don't intend to race it. I'm very curious about driving it in the snow though;
- A transversal mounted engine: supposedly for safety reasons, but together with the front wheel drive resulting in an absolutely terrible (sometimes dangerous) turning radius... now I park this car as poor as a granny.
Still debating about:
- A cassette-player in a 2002 Volvo?
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 5th September, 2006