An Italian miracle, fastest for the money paid
Read the cars modifications and driving first.
* Surprisingly the clutch survived up to 44.000 kms.
* Electronic gas pump died twice: Once at 40.000 kms. and at 60.000 kms. (previous owner had the same problem at 20.000). I imagine the "over" chip had something to do with it.
* Front seats (driver) started to have problems (loosing strength) at 40.000 kms (other friend had the same problem).
* Gas mileage was steady 7.5 kms/liter, not bad for the speed.
This car had some modifications such as:
1. Over chip for the turbo.
2. Eibach rear suspension.
3. 6200 rpm limit was changed up to 7500 rpm. (in 3rd. 100 miles/hr (160kms/hr).
4. Front brake disc larger and vented.
5. Ansa tail. Momo 14 with Falken tires (175/60/14).
I went up to 235 kms/hr a couple times and several over 200. (225 on flat highway) 6.2-7.2 range for 0-100 kms/hr. I did run this car with any who wanted to. I was beat up only once by a Porsche 911 Turbo.
I paid USA$10800, and it was worthy every penny. I think I'll never I'll find a car like that one. So far all Fiat Turbos in my area have passed away.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 20th October, 2000