1995 Fiat Tipo S (Pop) 1.7 diesel
Almost everything. The car was in a fairly poor state when I got it (for a low price). But the problems have been continuous, among others:
- Gearbox is hard and cracks loudly when the car is cold.
- Ignition is very difficult in cold weather.
- Several leakages of diesel.
- Electric windows would not close anymore.
- Severl little failures inside the cabin (material used inside the car is of very poor quality and things tend to break easily).
The car was cheap. Although it is not very old, it is more of a kind of early eighties car by this poor overall quality.
Car shows low running costs though, as its consumption is very reasonable (but it is also very very slow!). Moreover, spare parts are easily available and very cheap (at least in France).
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 22nd July, 2000