Very good, but VW must take care of reliability
1. Engine faults at 100.000 km out of warranty. Cost 2500 euro.
2. Three times until now, had a problem with the battery (out of order). Cost about 1000 euro.
3. Before a month ago, had a problem with the electrical seat switch. Cost 250 euro.
4. Last year, the transmission started to make a noise when changing gears. We will see the cost when the time comes.
5. Always have some alarm on the screen through electronics failure.
Except for the above mentioned problems, which are unacceptable in such a car category, the Touareg is very good at road handling and driving. It's a kilometer eater as I say, with very good climate control, sound system, air suspension, and it's very comfortable.
It is also very safe in all road conditions (off and on road), and of course very comfortable, even when towing my 1600 kg caravan.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 9th August, 2012