2006 Ford Fiesta Exi 1.4 Duratec
An indicator problem : needed change of vehicle ==> bad quality checks @ shopfloor
- Booked a new car
- Went to pick up the car
- Car had problems with the indicator.
- It only "Looked" like a small problem.
Problem : when the right indicator was switched on, the parking lights were also on
- The sales person told me that I can come on the next working day and get it repaired
- But then some nice guy in the showroom said that it was a small problem with the Auto-Cop. So he called up the Auto-Cop guy to check out the problem
- The Auto-Cop guy came and looked at the problem and said that it was not his problem
- The problem seemed deep rooted!
- They told me to leave the car and promised to get the problem fixed the next working day
- Also promised me a free delivery (which I was not anyway interested in!!)
- The end of next day they tell me that they have to change the vehicle because of some real serious wiring problem.
That seems ridiculous!! I need to change the vehicle for a problem with an indicator..???
Good that I did not take the vehicle on day 1.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 8th May, 2006
Dude, since when did Ford start offering Automatic transmissions on their 1.4 Fiesta? Hope you provide an update when you actually get this car.
Dude... Read Carefully... He said Auto Cop not Auto Transmission.
Well, he has mentioned "Duratec Automatic" in his engine and transmission section, below the review. Ford doesn't offer automatics on any of its cars here in India.