2006 Ford Fiesta Exi 1.4 Duratec
An indicator problem : needed change of vehicle ==> bad quality checks @ shopfloor
- Booked a new car
- Went to pick up the car
- Car had problems with the indicator.
- It only "Looked" like a small problem.
Problem : when the right indicator was switched on, the parking lights were also on
- The sales person told me that I can come on the next working day and get it repaired
- But then some nice guy in the showroom said that it was a small problem with the Auto-Cop. So he called up the Auto-Cop guy to check out the problem
- The Auto-Cop guy came and looked at the problem and said that it was not his problem
- The problem seemed deep rooted!
- They told me to leave the car and promised to get the problem fixed the next working day
- Also promised me a free delivery (which I was not anyway interested in!!)
- The end of next day they tell me that they have to change the vehicle because of some real serious wiring problem.
That seems ridiculous!! I need to change the vehicle for a problem with an indicator..???
Good that I did not take the vehicle on day 1.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 8th May, 2006
16th Jun 2006, 22:08
Dude, since when did Ford start offering Automatic transmissions on their 1.4 Fiesta? Hope you provide an update when you actually get this car.
20th Jun 2006, 06:02
Dude... Read Carefully... He said Auto Cop not Auto Transmission.
2nd Jul 2006, 00:16
Well, he has mentioned "Duratec Automatic" in his engine and transmission section, below the review. Ford doesn't offer automatics on any of its cars here in India.