I can't stop smiling when I drive it
1) Power steering is leaking oil.
2) A/C pipe had to be soldered because it was leaking gas; the replacement would cost more than the car...
3) I'm not quite happy with the automatic gearbox; it changes roughly instead of being like velvet. Some progress made after the replacement of the oil, but it is not perfect.
4) I had to replace the sparkle wiring (300 Euros) because of its age.
5) I had to replace the terminal exhaust; a bath of blood, we say in Italy...
6) Radio is old and shows signs of age.
I bought it used for very little money, as no one wants these cars in Italy. People here say they are old-fashioned, good for gypsies and for the mob. Well, I think that gypsies and the mob have a very good taste, and 70% of people are stupid!
The car was almost perfect; no rust, no signs of wear in the interior. Perfect engine, not a single drop of oil. I converted it immediately to LPG.
Now I have a second car, as a reserve, costing me as a Fiat Punto. 11-12 liters of gasoline or 13 liters of LPG for 100 kms.
It is an absolute dream to drive. Oh well, one could say it is boring, because it makes exactly what you want, with no other scenes. It is the perfect car for hours of relaxed driving. Perfect comfort. If you want to run, to outperform other people, it is the wrong car. With it you have to be a calm gentleman.
Perfect brakes, never had better brakes on any car I drove. Good road holding. The engine has a very good torque and should last 500,000 kms or more. It is important to change the engine oil every 10,000 kms.
I think it is the most (or, at least, one of the most) elegant cars ever made.
I'm an ecologist. For the purpose of saving raw materials, I deeply like the idea of using this car for other 30 years and making 1 million kms with it, while other people buy 10 cars in the same time (cars that require raw materials, paint, energy...).
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 11th April, 2010