What can top a car that makes 41mpg and has been driven a half million miles?
1. Tires wore out at 115,000 miles
2. Water pump went out at 125,000 miles. Went through 5 pumps since.
3.Vacuum pump and some carburetor work around 250,000 miles.
4. Clutch around 300.000 miles.
5. Replaced rear wheel bearings at 375,000 miles
6. Odometer at 413,000 miles in 1998.
7. Radiator at 500,000 miles
8. Right front wheel bearings at 500,000 miles now need replacing.
This car at the beginning made 41 mpg, and has been excellent until about 475,000. Since the odometer has not been replaced we cannot tell mileage today. I am debating on repairing the car at this stage. Due to the price of gas over $2.00 per gallon, I plan to.
My wife hit 2 deer with it 3 years ago and I hammered everything in place and installed new lights on the right side. What a car! Tires made in Japan outlasted American made tires by far.
Hooray for Honda, even after worn out!
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 11th March, 2005