2000 Citroen Xsara LE 1.6i
Practical and cost effective motoring at its best!
1) Gearbox was faulty as the 'Limp Home' mode keeps coming on. Snow and and Sports light. Rectified the problem by replacing the solenoids and uploading the latest software for the gearbox ECU.
2) Noisy squeaks and rattles from the interior panels and rear seats.
3) Noisy suspension and undercarriage.
Besides the 3 faulty areas of the car, the following are the positive points:
1) Unbelievably low fuel consumption.
2) Safe and comfortable ride.
3) Good handling.
4) Good mid range torque from a 1.6 litre engine.
5) No frills and fuss free motoring, gets you from point A to point B and back in total comfort, safety and with the lowest fuel consumption.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 16th October, 2009