2003 Kia Spectra LS 1.6 Automatic
Improve the quality control please
The first time when I acquired this car, it had 100km on it. Maybe this car had been used as a demo car. This car was perfect until the problems emerged.
1. Suspension problems - sound from its absorbers; this car is only for city rides and good driving conditions.
2. A/C problems - the compressor unit had to be replaced with a new one, cost RM1000.
3. Radio unit - sometimes on and off, and the electric antenna kept going up and down until it completely died at 70,000+ km
4. Hard to start in the morning, the engine will shake as if it is going to explode, you have to wait until it's completely warm.
4. The door is so light, you have to slam the door, and the door light always shows the signal of the door improperly shut. The cabin light always keeps going on and off, especially when the car is moving on uneven roads.
5. Rust at its wiper and exhaust.
6. Hard transmission, hard to switch from P to R and vice versa.
7. Noisy engine and timing belt; had to replace every 60k km.
1. High maintenance cost (service and maintenance cost).
2. Overall disappointment, but it is quite a nice car if it has no problems/major problems.
3. High depreciation because the value is dropping from year to year. I still cannot sell the car because no one wants it.
4. Has extras - I like the fog and front lamps because they are very clear at night. It has a CD changer, A/C very nice. Leather seats, high class looking car and nice paint because mine had midnight blue on it. Planning not to sell the car and will just maintain it. Never encountered any faulty power windows so far.
Like the centre storage sun glass box, and the car is roomy. I really enjoy sitting in the back of the car.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 14th November, 2008
As the car is still running on the road, more problems emerge. Now it's the central locking. When the auto locking is activated at 20 km/h, the door will produce an unusual sound, which is very annoying and it can be heard outside the car. Is this a dream car or just a nightmare!
Now after the car got 85000km, it went hairwire, and had a serious electrical malfunction where the wiper turned itself, ABS light appeared and much more problems. I don't know what should I do with this car...
True story bro. Exactly the same problems here, but I want to ask you a question. My A/C in my car is very weak in the summer. I have to put it at least on 3 so I can feel the cold air, and the air vents must be pointed at me or I feel nothing, and no cold air is reaching the back seats, no matter what. Is this in all Kia Spectra 2003s, or just mine?
Your A/C probably just needs regassing.
The most crappy piece of junk I ever drove for many, many reasons:
- Many mechanical issues emerge.
- Very weak body and chassis.
- Wired steering wheel shaking and vibration.
- Very high fuel consumption for a 1.6 car.
- The car is barely moving when it's fully loaded with passengers.
- Weak A/C.
- Poor body paint.
- In cold weather you need to heat the engine for at least 5 minutes before you can drive the car normally.
- The ABS is useless.
- Very little cabin room, especially for passengers in the back.
- Front dashboard starts to crack and become misplaced in time.
- Bad looking car, especially from the front.