1997 Renault Megane RT Classic 1.6
Good bargain car compared to Japanese cars in same category.
1. Minor leak in the steering hydraulic oil hose (just noticed, but could've been there all the while...).
2. Faulty air-conditioner coil (as early as 60k km!)
3. Noisy front left suspension.
4. Wheel alignment biased towards the left (very noticeable when on the highway).
1. Very sluggish standard engine. Overtaking even a Proton 1.5 was a hard one. Performance increased substantially after getting some parts modified, eg: 4-2-1 extractor, racing centre exhaust muffler, Split-fire plugs, 9.9mm plug cables, K&N air filter, & Broquet fuel catalyst.
2. Renault Malaysia has had several complaints on the left-side-wheel alignment. I've able to solve this only after nearly 2 and a half years driving!
3. That faulty air-conditioning coil was really a surprise. Later learnt that mine was the last of 3 units registered in Johor Bahru Malaysia to change the coil due to the same problem.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 17th December, 2000