Where do I begin? I bought this vehicle new in 2005...
- I bought this for the MPG of 25 HWY for a SUV, and I am lucky if I get 18.5 of pure HWY driving. Around town it is like 15 MPG.
- Both front wheel bearings have needed to be replaced to the tune of $350+ each. I have heard other owners of this vehicle have problems with wheel bearing too!
- Cracked flywheel in the transmission (which I found out has service bulletins, and is in many other GM vehicles - but not a covered repair after the warranty expired). This was about $800.
- Tailgate strap (to lower tailgate) has broken twice ($50 each time).
- Battery died after 3 years (but caused all sorts of electrical problems, because I would never have believed a "7 year battery" would be the problem.) Then, all sorts of stuff must be removed to replace the battery, requiring $80 installation, plus the cost of the battery.
- AWD is groaning and making terrible noises while turning in parking lots (apparently this is "common" as well).
- Uneven tire wear (especially in the front).
- Automatic leveling control doesn't work well any more. After 2 years it wouldn't support the weight of my boat plus luggage packed in the back anymore.
- There is "bubble rust" at the front edge of the hood already.
- The exhaust "flex pipe" broke up by the engine, banging on the AWD drive shaft (it would cost $1000 to fix, but a small auto repair shop "wired it up" so it wouldn't be a problem).
- Now the rear has a loud noise. Apparently the driver's side rear lower control arm needs replacing (~$400), and is a very common repair for this vehicle.