Things that went wrong or I didn't like on my Z.
The motor and tranny were as solid as a rock!!!
1) Poor tire wear. The insides of the front tires were eaten away quickly.
2) Factory radio went after a few years.
3) Outside door handle stopped working. Caused by broken inside mechanics (made of plastic). I used a remote to wind the windows down until I replaced it.
4) Click noise from the rear axle.
5) At about 120K miles, throw out bearing started making a noise. Hard driving of course; probably not a fault.
6) Valve cover gasket spark plug seal crystallizes, causing oil leaks into the spark plug tube. Spark plug tube seals are integrated into the valve cover; huge oversight by Nissan. I got by with some silicone.
I loved my Z. The only reason for my sale was a baby; could strap him to the roof.
This car has the most power for the price. The design and performance out do anything in the price range; the S2000 and RX8 were eaten and beaten daily.
The 3.5 V6 motor on this car does pack a punch for such a small car. It's very easy to get in trouble. The manual transmission short shifter was flawless!
Interior is a bit small for 6'2" guy, but hey it's a sports car. Race leather seats fit like a glove.
Overall this car is rated Awesome!!!