1986 Lancia Prisma i.exe 1.6 i.e gasoline
Italian quality (do I have to say more??) Monday car and a lot of good nights thinking :)
Exhaust pipe had to be changed at 67000km.
Something wrong happened always.
The clutch had to be changed at 70000km.
If it was below 0 Celsius, the electronic windows didn't work.
The carburetors didn't work properly. It was double Webber carburetors.
There was always a red light on the control panel.
The rust killed the car.
The choke was in on summertime, but in winter time it didn't work.
TOO MANY EXPENSIVE PARTS TO THE CAR, AND YOU HAD TO GET THEM BY SHIPMENT FROM ITALY!!! CAUSE THE DEALER DIDN'T HAVE ANY PARTS FROM LANCIA, AND NEVER HEARD ABOUT THESE CARS.
The gear stick shifter disappeared right down the floor; caused by a mechanic fault and rust!!!
Very often overheating, caused by hole in the water heat expansion tank.
Leaking gasoline caused by rust between the welding made by Lancia.
Fan didn't work as it should, causing electronic fuse problems. I never found the cause of hundreds of fuses I had to change.
Windows just went down and disappeared, so I had to open the door panel, and I found out that the list for the windows was rusted away. I found the same lists in Fiat Chrome.
Electric windows switch was burned by over voltage.
Shock absorbers was broken back and rear. Never fixed that, causing too expensive parts.
1. You have a big wallet for these kinds of cars.
2. You have too many bad surprises with this kind of car.
3. I had a charming experience with this car; never knew what will go wrong next and when.
4. It had a lot of HP, 106!! For a 1.6. It was like an GTI.
5. The car was great at acceleration, but used a lot of gas. 1.2L-1.5/pr.Mile.
6. It had 5 gears, but the fifth was for speeds over 130...
7. It made a strange but still charming noise when the Rpm wasn't high.
8. The car is RARELY known.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 6th January, 2010
7th Jan 2010, 09:19
Just searched your car on Google. Not a bad looking motor really. Sounds like it could do with a major restore.
7th Jan 2010, 11:11
- That's no quality at all! And I'm surprised that you kept it for as long as you did.
7th Jan 2010, 17:24
I had a VW and a Jeep, and they had more problems that you mentioned... which car doesn't have problems, especially if they are not maintained...
7th Jan 2010, 17:42
I have one Prisma 1.6i.e. with 170000Km and it runs perfect without any rust... only the air conditioner doesn't work :)