1989 Peugeot 205 XRD 1.9 diesel
I sold it with tears in my eyes
Only minor fixing required.
The things worth mentioning are:
- anti-corrosion painting.
- often shocks exchanges (because of bad roads in Poland)
- at about 210 000 km final exhaust was replaced for non-original ($70)
I gotta say - a little car worth every penny!
Amazingly cheap to maintain:
Fuel consumption: 5,5 l/100 km (43 miles/gal) no mater city or highway.
Nothing, but fuel and other liquids were necessary.
Small repairs done in non-dealer garages.
- poor acceleration (16 s. to 100 km (62 miles) /h
- not very comfortable (but pretty fair)
- definitely not a sporty car
- small malfunctions
- small boot (but after setting seats down I brought a mid-size fridge on board)
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 11th February, 2004