2000 Peugeot 206 1.4 petrol
Money pit, lemon, handles great!
In 800 km...
- Flat tire.
- Bent wheels.
- Broken exhaust.
- Coolant fan.
- Strange noise from shift linkage/shifter.
- Dead battery when car was driven and ran fine the past week.
- Oil/coolant changed.
- Car indicates left for no apparent reason.
- Trunk/boot won't close properly you have to slam it.
- Engine sputters on start up, when cold.
- Radio turned off when braking before the battery died.
- Leak from the transmission.
Turn-in handling is great, especially with the new Toyo T1R tires, economy is great.
This has been the 2nd most unreliable car I've ever owned, almost worse than my LPG 1984 Volvo 740 GLE. I still own the Honda CR-X, and even though that car is 10 years older, and has 200,000 more Km on the chassis, it is much more reliable. I am trying to sell this Peugeot 206 for 2 months, and the worst part is nobody wants to buy it! I am only going to buy Honda's from now on.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 25th August, 2010